CB-V Minutes September 2 2018

Cape Breton-Victoria Regional Cabinet Meeting- September 2

Location: Morgan Macphail’s house

Time of Commencement: 18:00

Time of Adjournment: 19:10

Duration: 1hr 10min

 

Attendance:

Present Voting Members: Abby Fraser, Mea Tonet, Reya Hanspal, Morgan Macphail, Ryan Martin, Leah Morrison, Grace Campbell, Kelsey Langlois, Meaghan Heffernan, Courtney McAllister, Annalisa Leon, Dorena Brownstein

Present Non-voting Members: Natasha Kochhar

Regrets: Mackenzie Keeping, Mackenzie Sechi, Katie MacLennan, Brie MacPhee, Hannah MacIntosh, Michael MacDonald, Emma Drohan, Tiffany Maclennan

No Shows: N/A

 

Updates:                                                                                                                                                                       There were no updates at this meeting

 

New Business:

Clothes:                                                                                                                                                                                    The cabinet will try to order their cabinet clothing as soon as possible from first choice sportswear. They would like to get quarter zips and bucket hats as their clothes but they haven’t made an official decision yet. They will have a poll to decide the colour of their clothes.

Timelines:                                                                                                                                                                                      Timelines will be shared this week.

Junior Conference:                                                                                                                                                                      They will try to have junior conference October 6 but if they can’t organize it in time they will do it sometime after Christmas. They’re still are not sure if they want junior conference open to grades 7 to 9 or just grade 9s. The group was asked to try to find speakers junior conference. They decided 9am to 5pm for the conference times for now and instead of shirts they thought something small like pins would be better.

Regional Conference:                                                                                                                                                                 November 3 may be the best day for conference. They discussed opitions for how tos. The group decided EMPOWER would be an amazing name for conference if they can come up with an acronym.

Other:                                                                                                                                                                                          If they use corporate package they must make sure that things they don’t need aren’t in the package.

CB-V Minutes August 19 2018

Cape Breton-Victoria Regional Cabinet Meeting- August 19

Location: CBU

Time of Commencement: 18:22

Time of Adjournment: 19:07

Duration: 45min

 

Attendance:

Present Voting Members: Abby Fraser, Reya Hanspal, Ryan Martin, Leah Morrison, Katie MacLennan, Grace Campbell, Kelsey Langlois, Brie MacPhee, Hannah MacIntosh, Courtney McAllister, Annalisa Leon, Dorena Brownstein

Present Non-voting Members: Michael MacDonald

Regrets: Mea Tonet, Mackenzie Keeping, Mackenzie Sechi, Morgan Macphail, Meaghan Heffernan, Emma Drohan, Natasha Kochhar

No Shows: N/A

 

Updates:

There were no updates at this meeting

 

New Business:

RC Banner:

Annalisa will ask her cousin if he would make a large banner/poster for CBV RC.

Timelines:

Abby has finished the timelines for positions. Abby will enter in all the dates then share them.

Junior Conference:

They probably won’t get a hypnotist for junior conference. Memorial High school is their tentative conference area.

Regional Conference:

CBU has been contacted for a potential venue.

Work:

All RC should change their work availability for September.

 

CB-V Minutes July 29 2018

Cape Breton-Victoria Regional Cabinet Meeting- July 29

Location: CBU

Time of Commencement: 6:02pm

Time of Adjournment: 6:57pm

Duration: 55 minutes

 

Attendance:

Present Voting Members: Abby Fraser, Mea Tonet, Morgan Macphail, Ryan Martin, Leah Morrison, Katie MacLennan, Grace Campbell, Kelsey Langlois, Brie MacPhee, Hannah MacIntosh, Courtney McAllister, Annalisa Leon, Dorena Brownstein

 

Present Non-voting Members: N/A

 

Regrets: Mackenzie Sechi, Mackenzie Keeping, Meaghan Heffernan, Reya Hanspal, Michael MacDonald, Emma Drohan, Natasha Kochhar

 

No Shows: N/A

 

Updates:

There were no updates at this meeting

 

New Business:

Grocery Bagging:

A schedule was made and Abby and Mea will ask last year’s cabinet if they can also help out.

Junior Conference:

The cabinet discussed the pros and cons of having the junior conference opened to grades 7-9 as opposed to just grade 9 and decided the ideal dates would be September 29/30th or October 6/7th. They also discussed the possible venues (MHS and RHS). The principals of those schools will be contacted as soon as possible when school starts.

Regional Conference:
November 10th or 17th would be ideal dates for regional conference. CBU is back as a possible venue, Mea and Abby will be contacting and hopefully having a meeting with them soon. If CBU isn’t an option, NSCC will be contacted
Both Conferences:

The cabinet discussed possible conflicts with sports for both the junior and regional conference and were told to brainstormed names.

Cabinet clothing:

They discussed what colours they want their cabinet clothes to be, they decided on either yellow, periwinkle/lilac, light grey with blue print or light blue. They also discussed quarter zips as an option. They’ll make a decision when they get an update from PC. They were asked who would be interested in buying a bucket hat in addition to buying a sweater, most were interested.

Other:

-They decided Value Village was the best place to ask for yarn donations.

 

-They talked about starting jobs, if there’s any little things that they think they could be doing, they’re asked to do them.
-They were asked to save bread tags because the Welcoming Co-Chairs might want them.

 

CB-V Minutes

Cape Breton-Victoria Regional Cabinet Meeting- July 14

Location: St. FX

Time of Commencement: 20:00

Time of Adjournment: 21:25

Duration: 1hr 25min

 

Attendance:

Present Voting Members: Abby Fraser, Mea Tonet, Reya Hanspal, Morgan Macphail, Ryan Martin, Mackenzie Keeping, Leah Morrison, Katie MacLennan, Grace Campbell, Kelsey Langlois, Brie MacPhee, Courtney McAllister, Annalisa Leon, Dorena Brownstein

 

Present Non-voting Member: N/A

 

Regrets: Meaghan Heffernan, Mackenzie Sechi, Hannah MacIntosh, Michael MacDonald, Emma Drohan, Natasha Kochhar

 

No Shows: N/A

 

Updates:

There were no updates at this meeting

 

New Business:

Attendance:

The group discussed the attendance policy. If a member of the cabinet misses 3 meetings without notifying the Co-Premiers and the secretary with a valid excuse; a further action will have to be taken.

 

Future Meetings:

The cabinet discussed how future meetings will go, they will usually be held on Sundays at CBU.

 

Email:

Each member of cabinet must make a gmail account if they don’t have one already and a signature line for their email. Google hangout will be used if there needs to be a quick discussion instead of a face to face meeting.

 

Social Media:

The cabinet was reminded before they post anything on any social media they should remember that they represent the NSSSA so they shouldn’t post anything inappropriate.

 

Regional Retreat:

The group discussed when they would like their regional retreat, they decided it will be held Tuesday the 17th of July at 14:00. They will be notified when there is more information.

 

Timelines:

The cabinet learned about timelines, the Co-Premiers will create a document where they will put the deadlines of projects for each position.

 

Conferences:

They are planning to have their junior conference at end of September/early October and their regional conference in November. The group was told to think of acronyms as names for their regional conference.

 

Adjournment: Mackenzie Keeping motioned to adjourn the meeting at 21:25 and Reya Hanspal seconded said motion. Motion passed, meeting adjourned.

 

CB-V Minutes 11/13/2016

NSSSA CBV Regional Cabinet Meeting

Date: October 16, 2016

Location: Cape Breton University

Commencement: 6:09pm

Adjournment: 7:03pm

Duration: 94 minutes

Attendance

Present voting members: Connor Poirier, Emma Drohan, Will Marsh-King, Matthew MacDonald, Moira MacDonald, Rohit Kochhar, Michael MacDonald, Nathan Penman, Sarah Madore, Abby Fraser, Ben Kelly, Keagan MacQuaid  

Present Non-voting members: Breigha Byrne

Regrets:  Haeley Langlois, Aiden Lynk

No-Shows:

Positional Updates:

WENDY’s:  – The Wendys had decided, in an effort to get Epic planned, they would hold their own positional meeting. As a result, Epic has been started and they had continued to discuss the playlist. No official plans have been released yet.

Skillbuilding Co-Chair:  – The Skillbuilding Co-Chairs have been hard at work with putting together the sessions. Session Three has been completed and they are currently in the process of putting together session four.

Head School Rep:  – Keagan had been busy with going over the schools under the CBV board. E-mails have been sent out to all the schools informing them about NSSSA.

3-tion:  – 3-tions still have the forms done and are just doing some minor editing

Public Relations:  – Public Relations are still hard at work with finding donations and are well in the process of promoting CBV NSSSA Conference.

Co-Premiers:  – Haeley had contacted local restaurants and fast food outlets to ask about food supplies at conference. The T-shirt guy, for lack of a better name, has been contacted as well, The sizes of cabinet shirts were takes and orders were to be placed. On another note, Haeley and Connor both found an ideal guest speaker to perform at conference and prices are to be negotiated with. Schools outside our range have also been contacted.

Minutes:

  • We had agreed that in an effort to try and obtain more Glace Bay High School students at conference we will offer to have two or three students sponsored to go. The official details on that are to stated.
  • Along with the plan for GBH we have contacts at Breton Education Centre who may also be interested in having some of their students sponsored
  • As mentioned earlier, The sweaters for CBV Regional Cabinet are to be ordered soon.
  • It has be requested again that all CBV RC members spread NSSSA as much as possible and to promote wherever they go.
  • If any CBV RC members know of people who would make good advisors, they are asked to bring it up to them. Some of the cabinet have already began looking for and asked people about the position.

CB-V Minutes 11/06/2016

NSSSA CBV Regional Cabinet Meeting

Date: October 16, 2016

Location: Cape Breton University

Commencement: 6:09pm

Adjournment: 7:03pm

Duration: 94 minutes

Attendance

Present voting members: Connor Poirier, Emma Drohan, Will Marsh-King, Matthew MacDonald, Moira MacDonald, Rohit Kochhar, Michael MacDonald, Nathan Penman, Sarah Madore, Abby Fraser, Ben Kelly, Keagan MacQuaid  

Present Non-voting members: Breigha Byrne

Regrets:  Haeley Langlois, Aiden Lynk

No-Shows:

Positional Updates:

WENDY’s:  – The Wendys had decided, in an effort to get Epic planned, they would hold their own positional meeting. As a result, Epic has been started and they had continued to discuss the playlist. No official plans have been released yet.

Skillbuilding Co-Chair:  – The Skillbuilding Co-Chairs have been hard at work with putting together the sessions. Session Three has been completed and they are currently in the process of putting together session four.

Head School Rep:  – Keagan had been busy with going over the schools under the CBV board. E-mails have been sent out to all the schools informing them about NSSSA.

3-tion:  – 3-tions still have the forms done and are just doing some minor editing

Public Relations:  – Public Relations are still hard at work with finding donations and are well in the process of promoting CBV NSSSA Conference.

Co-Premiers:  – Haeley had contacted local restaurants and fast food outlets to ask about food supplies at conference. The T-shirt guy, for lack of a better name, has been contacted as well, The sizes of cabinet shirts were takes and orders were to be placed. On another note, Haeley and Connor both found an ideal guest speaker to perform at conference and prices are to be negotiated with. Schools outside our range have also been contacted.

Minutes:

  • We had agreed that in an effort to try and obtain more Glace Bay High School students at conference we will offer to have two or three students sponsored to go. The official details on that are to stated.
  • Along with the plan for GBH we have contacts at Breton Education Centre who may also be interested in having some of their students sponsored
  • As mentioned earlier, The sweaters for CBV Regional Cabinet are to be ordered soon.
  • It has be requested again that all CBV RC members spread NSSSA as much as possible and to promote wherever they go.
  • If any CBV RC members know of people who would make good advisors, they are asked to bring it up to them. Some of the cabinet have already began looking for and asked people about the position.

CB-V Minutes 10/23/2016

NSSSA CBV Regional Cabinet Meeting

Date: October 16, 2016

Location: Cape Breton University

Commencement: 6:09pm

Adjournment: 7:03pm

Duration: 94 minutes

Attendance

Present voting members: Connor Poirier, Emma Drohan, Will Marsh-King, Matthew MacDonald, Moira MacDonald, Rohit Kochhar, Michael MacDonald, Nathan Penman, Sarah Madore, Abby Fraser, Ben Kelly, Keagan MacQuaid  

Present Non-voting members: Breigha Byrne

Regrets:  Haeley Langlois, Aiden Lynk

No-Shows:

Positional Updates:

WENDY’s:  – The Wendys had decided, in an effort to get Epic planned, they would hold their own positional meeting. As a result, Epic has been started and they had continued to discuss the playlist. No official plans have been released yet.

Skillbuilding Co-Chair:  – The Skillbuilding Co-Chairs have been hard at work with putting together the sessions. Session Three has been completed and they are currently in the process of putting together session four.

Head School Rep:  – Keagan had been busy with going over the schools under the CBV board. E-mails have been sent out to all the schools informing them about NSSSA.

3-tion:  – 3-tions still have the forms done and are just doing some minor editing

Public Relations:  – Public Relations are still hard at work with finding donations and are well in the process of promoting CBV NSSSA Conference.

Co-Premiers:  – Haeley had contacted local restaurants and fast food outlets to ask about food supplies at conference. The T-shirt guy, for lack of a better name, has been contacted as well, The sizes of cabinet shirts were takes and orders were to be placed. On another note, Haeley and Connor both found an ideal guest speaker to perform at conference and prices are to be negotiated with. Schools outside our range have also been contacted.

Minutes:

  • We had agreed that in an effort to try and obtain more Glace Bay High School students at conference we will offer to have two or three students sponsored to go. The official details on that are to stated.
  • Along with the plan for GBH we have contacts at Breton Education Centre who may also be interested in having some of their students sponsored
  • As mentioned earlier, The sweaters for CBV Regional Cabinet are to be ordered soon.
  • It has be requested again that all CBV RC members spread NSSSA as much as possible and to promote wherever they go.
  • If any CBV RC members know of people who would make good advisors, they are asked to bring it up to them. Some of the cabinet have already began looking for and asked people about the position.

CB-V Minutes 9/25/2016

NSSSA CBV Regional Cabinet Meeting

Date: September 25, 2016

Location: CBU University

Commencement: 6:05pm

Adjournment: 7:23pm

Duration: 118 minutes

Attendance

Present voting members: Haeley Langlois, Emma Drohan, Will Marsh-King, Matthew MacDonald, Moira MacDonald, Rohit Kochhar, Michael MacDonald, Nathan Penman, Sarah Madore, Katelyn Libbus,

Regrets: Connor Poirier, Aiden Lynk, Abby Frasher, Ben Kelly, Keagan MacQuaid,  Breigha Byrne

No-Shows:

Positional Updates:

WENDY’s:  – Wendy’s are still going over music, cheers, and other late night activities… Epic has been set to start soon.

Skillbuilding Co-Chair:  – TBA.

Head School Rep:  – TBA

3-tion:  – The 3Tions have decided to go over the delegate forms and to make a couple of changes. They have also shared the documents with both Haeley and Connor.

Public Relations:  – The manual is in the process of being formatted and Emma and Aiden are almost complete with finishing the donations list.

Co-Premiers:  – Haeley and Connor got the CBU contract. However, after skimming through it they realized there are some errors and henceforth needs to be sent back to be corrected. They are going to meet with CBU recruitment to look into donating some bags and items. They have also contacted “Somthing Creatife:.

Minutes:

  • Haeley had read over the contents of the meeting before we had started
  • We had discussed the donation drive fundraiser, it’s to take place on October 8th and all RC is to have their donations with them on that day.
  • As another fundraiser we are looking into bagging groceries. Haeley was going to contact SuperStore to book dates if there are any open.
  • For the remainder of the meeting we discussed the food for NSSSA conference, we are still to decide and order food.

CB-V Minutes 9/25/2016

NSSSA CBV Regional Cabinet Meeting

Date: September 25, 2016

Location: CBU University

Commencement: 6:05pm

Adjournment: 7:23pm

Duration: 118 minutes

Attendance

Present voting members: Haeley Langlois, Emma Drohan, Will Marsh-King, Matthew MacDonald, Moira MacDonald, Rohit Kochhar, Michael MacDonald, Nathan Penman, Sarah Madore, Katelyn Libbus,

Regrets: Connor Poirier, Aiden Lynk, Abby Frasher, Ben Kelly, Keagan MacQuaid,  Breigha Byrne

No-Shows:

Positional Updates:

WENDY’s:  – Wendy’s are still going over music, cheers, and other late night activities… Epic has been set to start soon.

Skillbuilding Co-Chair:  – TBA.

Head School Rep:  – TBA

3-tion:  – The 3Tions have decided to go over the delegate forms and to make a couple of changes. They have also shared the documents with both Haeley and Connor.

Public Relations:  – The manual is in the process of being formatted and Emma and Aiden are almost complete with finishing the donations list.

Co-Premiers:  – Haeley and Connor got the CBU contract. However, after skimming through it they realized there are some errors and henceforth needs to be sent back to be corrected. They are going to meet with CBU recruitment to look into donating some bags and items. They have also contacted “Somthing Creatife:.

Minutes:

  • Haeley had read over the contents of the meeting before we had started
  • We had discussed the donation drive fundraiser, it’s to take place on October 8th and all RC is to have their donations with them on that day.
  • As another fundraiser we are looking into bagging groceries. Haeley was going to contact SuperStore to book dates if there are any open.
  • For the remainder of the meeting we discussed the food for NSSSA conference, we are still to decide and order food.

CB-V Minutes 9/25/2016

NSSSA CBV Regional Cabinet Meeting

Date: September 25, 2016

Location: CBU University

Commencement: 6:05pm

Adjournment: 7:23pm

Duration: 118 minutes

Attendance

Present voting members: Haeley Langlois, Emma Drohan, Will Marsh-King, Matthew MacDonald, Moira MacDonald, Rohit Kochhar, Michael MacDonald, Nathan Penman, Sarah Madore, Katelyn Libbus,

Regrets: Connor Poirier, Aiden Lynk, Abby Frasher, Ben Kelly, Keagan MacQuaid,  Breigha Byrne

No-Shows:

Positional Updates:

WENDY’s:  – Wendy’s are still going over music, cheers, and other late night activities… Epic has been set to start soon.

Skillbuilding Co-Chair:  – TBA.

Head School Rep:  – TBA

3-tion:  – The 3Tions have decided to go over the delegate forms and to make a couple of changes. They have also shared the documents with both Haeley and Connor.

Public Relations:  – The manual is in the process of being formatted and Emma and Aiden are almost complete with finishing the donations list.

Co-Premiers:  – Haeley and Connor got the CBU contract. However, after skimming through it they realized there are some errors and henceforth needs to be sent back to be corrected. They are going to meet with CBU recruitment to look into donating some bags and items. They have also contacted “Somthing Creatife:.

Minutes:

  • Haeley had read over the contents of the meeting before we had started
  • We had discussed the donation drive fundraiser, it’s to take place on October 8th and all RC is to have their donations with them on that day.
  • As another fundraiser we are looking into bagging groceries. Haeley was going to contact SuperStore to book dates if there are any open.
  • For the remainder of the meeting we discussed the food for NSSSA conference, we are still to decide and order food.