Chignecto Meeting Minutes – November 6th

Meeting #3

Location: NSCC Truro Campus

Time of Commencement: 3:39

Time of Adjournment: 4:51

Attendance:

Present Voting Members: Mullen Boulter, Kelsey Robson, Emma Trottier, Kara-Lyne Shaw, Maddie Tennant, Alicia Aikens, Beth O’Connell, Camryn Smith

Present Non-Voting Members: Beth Smith

Regrets: Peter Woo, Madalyn Nielsen, Baileigh Dwyer

Mullen Boulter moved to commence the meeting. Kelsey Robson seconded.

Positional Updates:

WENDY: EPIC is planned to be Minute to Win It style games.The potential of having someone come in to instruct a Zumba class for the WENDY surprise is being considered, but depends on prices.

Head School Rep: All schools in the school board are in the process of being contacted regarding presentation to promote SHIMMER. Dates for presentations are being confirmed and will hopefully be happening within the next two weeks.

Skillbuilding Co-Chairs: The skillbuilding manual for SHIMMER has been completed. The large group team building activity is being planned and the time frame for the sessions is still being worked out.

3-tions: The Mail-outs have been sent to all applicable schools, and some schools have replied confirming that they have received them. Delegate and skillbuilding forms are now available and they are now waiting to receive forms and begin building a data base for conference.

Welcoming Chair: Finalized plans for an opening activity to go with fuzzies, and the majority of the fuzzies have been made. They’re still looking for donations. The ideas for the welcoming and introduction to the cabinet video are being considered. An additional video is being considered to have to send out with the welcoming email.

Secretary: The cabinet spirit wear has been ordered.

Co-Premiers: Working with the Skillbuilding co-chairs to create an itinerary for SHIMMER and working on logistics for conference.

Old Business:

The cabinet discussed the businesses that have been contacted regarding donations, and discussed how the money received will be used. All are reminded to continue collecting donations for the upcoming conference. There are some donations for the delegate bags

Possibilities for a motivational speaker were discussed, and different people will be contacted regarding prices.

With the presentations in schools, goals were set for the number of delegates at SHIMMER from different schools and areas. The cabinet is striving for high numbers!

New Business:

Shirts for the junior conference were discussed. As there is not room in the budget to account for shirts, the cabinet discussed the possibility of making shirts optional and having the delegates order and pay for one separately if they would like one. The cabinet decided to make contact to see about prices regarding ordering shirts, and will vote on the decision once the number of delegates is confirmed.  

Kelsey Robson moved to adjourn the meeting. Brennan Marks seconded.

Chignecto Meeting Minutes- October 23rd

Meeting #3

Location: NSCC Truro

Time of commencement :3:46

Time of adjournment: 4:23

Attendance:

Present Voting Members: Beth O’Connell, Camryn Smith, Brennan Marks, Kelsey Robson, Mullen Boulter, Kara-Lyne Shaw, Emma Trottier, Sam McNeil, Maddie Tennant, Alicia Aikens

Present Non-Voting Members: Madalyn Nielson, Peter Woo, Beth Smith

Regrets: Baileigh Dwyer

Positional Updates:

Co-Premiers: Confirmed the date and location of SHIMMER, which is to be held  at Northumberland Regional High School on December 3rd from 10-7. Forms are now available for application.

Skillbuilding Co-Chairs: Started writing the skillbuilding manual for the junior high conference, and are discussing a potential large group team building activity between the skill building groups.

WENDY’s: Discussed having an Amazing Race theme for EPIC, as well as brainstorming ideas for the WENDY surprise

3-tions: Created letters to send the schools and plan on sending forms soon.

Welcoming Chair: Began making fuzzies for the opening activity, and brainstormed ideas for additional opening activities. Also brainstorming a How to Fuzzy/ Introduction to conference video.

Head School Rep: Planning to email schools in the Chignecto region within the next week regarding presentations.

Old Business:

The cabinet was reminded to start collecting donations in cash or food items for the upcoming conference. A hypnotist was booked for the junior high conference. The cabinet is hoping for a great turnout!

The social media accounts were discussed, and the cabinet was informed that there is to be only one Snapchat and Instagram for the entire organization. The Facebook group for the Chignecto region  is still to be used, and an event was created, and shared for SHIMMER.

The cabinet also discussed the possibility of having glow in the dark shirts for the regional conference GLOW in February.

New Business:

The cabinet is to start promoting the junior high conference SHIMMER now that the applications are out. As Chignecto is such a large geographical region, the cabinet is striving for high attendance. They were also reminded to start giving out donation letters to collect supplies for the delegate bags.

The time of the conference was changed to 10-7 as this time frame does not require paying extra for janitors. As well, it was shortened so the day itself would not be as long in duration.

Chignecto Meeting Minutes – September 18th

Meeting #2    

Location: NSCC Truro Campus

Time of Commencement: 6:49

Time of Adjournment: 7:42

 

Attendance:

Present Voting Members: Baileigh Dwyer, Beth O’Connell, Camryn Smith, Mullen Boulter, Brennan Marks, Kara-Lyne Shaw, Emma Troitter, Kelsey Robson, Alicia Aikens

Present Non-Voting Members: Madalyn Nielson, Peter Woo,  Beth Smith

Regrets: Sam McNeil, Maddie Tennant, Corinne Troitter, Areta Boone

 

Positional Updates

Co-Premiers: The location for the regional conference is going to be  L’Ecole Acadien de Truro. The location and date for the junior high conference is set for Northumberland Regional High School on December 3rd. All Chignecto meetings will be held at NSCC Truro from now on.

 

Public Relations: Creating the database of businesses to contact regarding items for delegate bags and donations as well as brainstorming future social media contests.

 

Head School Rep: Making a timeline of when school presentations will be and preparing the presentation with other head school reps.

 

Welcoming Chair: Brainstorming welcoming activities for the junior high conference and looking at different ways to get yarn donations for fuzzies.

 

Secretary: Has been in contact with First Choice Sportswear regarding cabinet spirit wear. They will put a poll on Facebook to choose colours soon.

 

Skill Building Co-Chairs: Creating activities for the skillbuilding manuals to be used at junior conference.

 

3-tions: Beginning to make a database of schools within the region, and determining which schools haven’t sent delegates before to try involve more students.

 

Old Business:

The names decided for  both conferences this year are going to be GLOW (Gaining Leadership Outside the Walls) for the regional conference and SHIMMER (Students Helping Individuals Master Motivation, Education and Responsibility) for the junior high conference. The date for the junior high conference is confirmed for the 3rd of December.

 

The cabinet voted on spirit wear and will be doing a vote on what colour soon.

 

The cabinet was informed of the new rules to ensure the  inclusion of all genders from the Provincial Cabinet meeting and is planning to discuss what they can do to be more inclusive at our conferences at an upcoming meeting. The 3-tions are now also in charge of handling receipts.

 

New Business

Donation letters were given for the use of the whole cabinet and as there is only one public relations person for the cabinet all members are expected to go to local businesses for donations.

 

A tentative menu was established for the junior high conference and local businesses will be contacted to look into the possibility of catering. Having delegates bring a  packed lunch was also discussed as a way to lower overall costs. This is to be further discussed at the next meeting.
For the junior conference there was a discussion about having an area set up for the advisors, and potentially having advisor sessions as well.

Chignecto Meeting Minutes – August 28th

 

Location: St. Francis Xavier University
Time of Commencement:8:38
Time of Adjournment:9:20
Duration: forty-two minutes

Attendance and Regrets
Present Voting Members: Beth O’Connell, Kelsey Robson, Sam McNeil, Mullen Boulter, Maddie Tennant, Baileigh Dwyer, Emma Trottier, Kara-Lyne Shaw
Regrets: Camryn Smith, Brennan Marks, Alicia Aikens, Areta Boone, Corrine Trottier, Peter Woo, Madalyn Nielson

The cabinet discussed the expectations for meetings. The meetings will be on a biweekly basis until closer to conference. A potential meeting spot at the NSCC Truro Campus was brought up for future meetings. Beth spoke about the expectation with emails. All emails should be replied to quickly. All members are expected to post in Basecamp the days would work for potential meeting days.

At 9:00 Maddie and Mullen left to attend their respective Inclusion Conference and Conference Committee meetings.

Baileigh deleted the Chignecto region Snapchat as it was decided that there should only be one Snapchat for the whole organisation.

The cabinet discussed names for Regional Conference and the Junior High Conference. Tentative dates are set for both conferences with the junior high conference in December and regional conference in February.

The cabinet discussed cabinet spirit wear but decided not to vote until more members are present.

Beth moved to adjourn the meeting at 9:19. Sam seconded that motion at 9:20.