Strait Meeting Minutes – November 10th, 2018

 

NSSSA Minutes From:

Strait Regional Cabinet Meeting

20181110

 

Location: 5555 Union Pl, Antigonish

Time of Commencement: 4:34pm

Time of Adjournment: 5:30pm

Duration: 56 minutes

Attendance:

Present Voting Members: Noor Mohrez, Molly Vokey, Monica Lumsden, Jack Clapperton, Payton MacMillan, Maddie Ehler, Emma Jukes, Kinnon Wallace, Tessa Pelrine, Ria Jurrlink, Sam Silver, Mathew MacEachern, Kara MacDougall, Wamfa Kumoung, Angus Kennedy, Margaret Ann Gillis

Present Non-Voting Members: Logan Fox, Avery LeLièvre, Will Bowie, Dawn Thompson, Paddy Wallace

Late:

Regrets: Zac Foran, Aidan Doucet, Katelynn Libbus

No-Shows:

 

Updates:

3-Tions:

  • Completed database.

 

Skill Building Co-Chairs:

  • Finialized skillbuilder partners.
  • Prepared for retreat.
  • Held successful retreat.
  • Collecting SB materials.

 

Public Relations:

  • Finished up visiting businesses
  • Received monetary donations from Guysborough.
  • Organized how-to sessions and booths.

 

WENDY’s:

  • Practiced cheers.
  • Making a setlist of cheers for G.R.O.O.V.E.
  • Making a costume database.

 

Head School Reps:

  • Sorted out refunds for delegates.
  • Organized final delegate number after refunds were processed.
  • Communicated conference details with reps.

 

Welcoming Co-Chairs:

  • Attached the itinerary PDF to the welcoming email and is ready to be sent out.
  • Finished organizing fuzzies.
  • Made a playlist for the welcoming activity.
  • Made a backup plan for welcoming activity incase delegates get bored of fuzzying.

 

Secretary:

  • Sent out November 4th’s meeting minutes.
  • Posted minutes.
  • Regional t-shirts are ready and will be shipped to Antigonish this week.

 

Co-Premiers:

 

  • Had meeting with StFX
    • Discussed food options and prices. Decided on lasagna ($8.93) for lunch, turkey dinner ($13.50) for supper and meal hall breakfast ($8.26).
    • Talked about GeoFilter will be putting St.FX’s logo in it. NSSSA will be covering the cost of the filter.
    • Marry Jessie will be opening at our conference and Kevin speaking at closing ceremonies.
    • Secured the package on skillbuilding manuals.
  • Delegate manuals were printed without St.FX’s logo, but inserts of St.FX’s will be printed and added to the delegate manuals.
  • Found another advisor from Dr.J.
  • Contract from St.FX will be finalised after a few details are clarified.
  • Found second delegate assistant.
  • Organized refunds.
  • Deposited several cheques.

 

Head Logistics:

 

Head Chaperones:

 

Head First Aid:

  • Picked up medications and donated supplies for conference.

 

Head Mental Health First Aid:

 

Regional Advisor:

  • Finished advisor lists and SB groups.

 

New Business:

 

EPIC Materials:

  • The following cabinet members must remember to bring these particular props for the EPIC vines.
  • Croissant- Wamfa.
  • Road work ahead sign, avocado, trays, fake rat- Emma.
  • Blue denim shirt- Monica
  • Potato, beet – Kinnon
  • Chicken suit- Margaret Ann
  • Sunglasses- Kara
  • Spiderman suit- Josh (not on cabinet)

 

SB supplies:

  • Need paper and cue cards for sessions.
  • Cabinet is asked to search for as many cue cards as they can find.

 

How-To:

  • 5 workshops are confirmed- Showtime, The Highland Bike Shop, Credit union, belly dancing, dance with Maureen Fraser, and university prep.
  • How-to booths include; how to fuzzy, juggle, wendy, glow, facepainting, positive messages, magnetic-poetry-rapping, how-to apply for RC/skillbuilding, photobooth.
  • People running booths must make posters for booths.

 

Media contest prizes:

  • Travel mugs, bags, and pizza coupons will be given to contest winners.

 

Reminders for cabinet:

  • Make packing list for conference to ensure nothing important is forgotten.
  • Start turn over package for your position early to remember key pointers.

 

Motion:

  • Monica motioned that delegates who have requested a refund will be replaced by delegates who missed the form deadline.
  • Cabinet was unanimously in favour to the motion.
  • Motion was passed.

Adjournment: Sam motioned to adjourn the meeting. Kara seconded the motion. Meeting was adjourned.

Strait Meeting Minutes – November 4th, 2018

 

NSSSA Minutes From:

Strait Regional Cabinet Meeting

20181104

 

Location:               1 Harbour view court

Time of Commencement: 5:08pm

Time of Adjournment: 6:03pm

Duration: 55 minutes

Attendance:

Present Voting Members: Payton MacMillan, Maddie Ehler, Margaret Ann Gillis, Kara MacDougall, Kinnon Wallace, Sam Silver, Wamfa Kumdoung, Monica Lumsden, Jack Clapperton, Mathew McEachern, Tessa Pelrine, Angus Kennedy, Aidan Doucet, Ria Juurlink, Emma Jukes, Noor Mohrez, Molly Vokey

Present Non-Voting Members: Dawn Thompson, Will Bowie, Logan Fox, Katelynn Libbus, Avery LeLièvre

Late:

Regrets: Paddy Wallace, Zac Foran

No-Shows:

 

Updates:

3-Tions:

  • Entered more forms into the database.
  • Started assigning delegates to advisors.

 

Skill Building Co-Chairs:

  • Finalized G.R.O.O.V.E skillbuilding manual.
  • Selected skillbuilders.
  • Sent confirmation email to skillbuilders.
  • Creating list of materials needed for SB sessions.

 

Public Relations:

  • Delegate manual was finalized and sent to St.FX to be printed.
  • Received 200 Tim Hortons coupons.
  • Received donations from Boston Pizza this week.

 

WENDY’s:

  • Finished EPIC.
  • Practiced cheers.

 

Head School Reps:

  • Helped Kara and the co-premiers finalize the G.R.O.O.V.E. shirt order.
  • Contacted all reps to make sure all forms were sent to 3-tions.

 

Welcoming Co-Chairs:

  • Completed the packing list and made into a PDF document.
  • Completed the welcoming email and is ready to send out.
  • Counted and organised fuzzies.

 

Secretary:

  • Sent out minutes from October 28th’s meeting.
  • Post minutes on NSSSA website.
  • Finalized G.R.O.O.V.E shirt numbers and sent them to First Choice.

 

Co-Premiers:

  • Been in touch with Rebecca Mesay via email and phone call. She is confirmed as our speaker.
  • Set up a meeting with Sodexo and event coordinators.
  • Placed and confirmed order for Radios and headsets with Bell.
  • Reviewed Sponsorship applications.
  • Helped to finalize T shirt order.
  • Helped to select Skillbuilder pairs.
  • Selected Nov 24th as potential date for open house. In contact with Mary Jessie.
  • Working on arrangements for driving students who struggle with walking long distances.
  • Selected one DA for a delegate.
  • Booked dance studio for advisor sleeping space.
  • Arranged delegate refunds.

 

Head Logistics:

 

Head Chaperones:

 

Head First Aid:

 

Head Mental Health First Aid:

  • Looking for another mental health first aid for conference.

 

Regional Advisor:

  • Edited delegate and skillbuilding manuals.
  • Edited packing list and welcoming email.
  • Organized advisors for delegates from outside regions.

 

New Business:

 

Delegate Assistant

  • Have one DA for G.R.O.O.V.E, cabinet is looking for another.

 

How-to Booths

  • Cabinet was reminded to send booth idea to the PRs for the how-to fair ASAP.

 

StFX Open House

  • The StFX open house for NSSSA cabinets will mostly likely be held on November 24th. Cabinet is encouraged to attend.

 

EPIC

  • Wendy’s picked out 13 vines to be recreated during EPIC. Each stationed skillbuilder will have a prop that correlates to their specific vine.
  • Initially, groups will try to guess each vine in order to begin recreating it. If the group is unable to guess the vine, they will play a short game or challenge in order to watch the vine and then continue to recreate it.
  • Groups try to guess first, if they can’t get it they have to play a short game to watch vine
  • The vines will be marked on creativity, rated out of 3 points.
  • If there is tie, groups points will be awarded for the amount of vines completed.

 

Skillbuilding Retreat

  • Is on Saturday, November 10th.
  • Cabinet should level out with non-cabinet member skill buildings during retreat.
  • A mandatory meeting will be after the retreat.
  • Rebecca Mesay is coming to do a short run-through of her speech with RC between retreat and meeting.

 

Meeting with St.FX

  • Co-premiers are having a meeting with StFX to discuss meal hall bracelets, meal prices, and driving arrangements during conference for physically restricted delegates. They will also discuss a geofilter for conference. The geofilter design will be finalized this week.

Adjournment: Sam motioned to adjourn the meeting. Angus seconded the motion. Meeting was adjourned.

Strait Meeting Minutes – October 28th, 2018

 

NSSSA Minutes From:

Strait Regional Cabinet Meeting

20181028

 

Location: 45 Tamara drive, Antigonish

Time of Commencement:       5:07pm

Time of Adjournment:     6:22pm

Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes

Attendance:

Present Voting Members:       Wamfa Kumdoung, Maddie Ehler, Ria Juurlink, Mathew MacEachern, Angus Kennedy, Tessa Pelrine, Payton MacMillan, Aidan Doucet, Jack Clapperton, Margaret Ann Gillis, Sam Silver, Kinnon Wallace, Monica Lumsden, Kara MacDougall, Molly Vokey, Emma Jewkes, Noor Mohrez

Present Non-Voting Members: Dawn Thompson

Late:

Regrets: Zac Foran, Logan Fox, Wilfred Bowie, Paddy Wallace, Katelyn Libbus, Avery LeLièvre

No-Shows:

 

Updates:

3-Tions:

  • Collected forms.
  • Created a new database on google sheets.
  • Started entering forms into G.R.O.O.V.E database.

 

Skill Building Co-Chairs:

  • Currently working on session 5 and other “housekeeping” things in the manual’s introduction.
  • Backpocket games are complete.
  • Receiving SB applications and started reading them over.

 

Public Relations:

  • Checked-in with businesses about donations.
  • Made social media posts.
  • Got more confirmations about donations and how-tos.
  • Received confirmation about how-to’s for Highland Bike Shop and Showtime Fitness.

 

WENDY’s:

  • Studied the cheer bible.
  • Finalized the dance theme.
  • Worked on EPIC more .

Head School Reps:

  • Had presentation at CBHA.
  • Dropped off forms and posters at Inverness, Dalbrae and NDA.
  • Promoted at SAREC with Mackenzie.
  • Had a mini meeting with reps from SAREC and Dalbrae.
  • Met with Dalbrae principal.
  • Had check in with Amber.
  • Made a plan for dealing with the issue of Canada Post striking.
  • Collected forms from reps at all schools.
  • Created a database for shirt sizes.
  • Organized issues with Richmond.

 

Welcoming Co-Chairs:

  • Made more fuzzies.
  • Started putting fuzzies on cardboard for easier transportation.
  • Continued to work on packing list draft.

 

Secretary:

  • Sent out minutes to cabinet from the October 21st meeting.
  • Posted minutes on NSSSA website.

 

Co-Premiers:

  • Sponsorship application was released.
  • Promoted.
  • Conference fees for Dr.J international students are being covered by the school. Forms from these students were signed by Dr.J principal Jack MacDonald.
  • Emailed Bell Mobility about booking radios for conference.
  • Still trying to get a response from Rebecca Messay about being a keynote speaker.
  • Looking for one more advisor.

 

Head Logistics:

  • Picked logistics team for G.R.O.O.V.E.

 

Head Chaperones:

  • Chose chaperone team for G.R.O.O.V.E.

 

Head First Aid:

  • Gathered first aid team for G.R.O.O.V.E.

 

Head Mental Health First Aid:

  • Meagan Kettley will be at conference on the Saturday of G.R.O.O.V.E as a mental health first aid.

 

Regional Advisor:

  • Collected forms.
  • Organized advisors.

 

New Business:

 

 

Conference Numbers:

  • 156 delegates, including skillbuilders.
  • Sponsorship application was posted on the NSSSA website. At least four students can be sponsored.
  • Students who weren’t planning to attend conference are permitted to register late if they require a sponsorship.

 

G.R.O.O.V.E. How-To Fair/ Workshops:

  • Cabinet discussed the organizational details of the new style of how-tos.
  • As delegates register, 3-tions will write the delegates’ skillbuilding numbers on their bracelets. The PRs will then get the delegates to sign up for one workshop, with delegates from groups 1-6 signing up for the first round of workshops, and groups 7-13 signing up for the second round (or vice versa). The PRs will also write the room numbers that correspond with the how-to’s the delegates sign up for.
  • During how-to’s, one half of the SB groups will go to the how-to fair, while the other half will attend how-to workshops, then the groups will switch.
  • PR will tell the people running how-to’s come early to avoid confusion about room numbers.
  • Cabinet was reminded to email the PR’s about booth ideas for the how-to fair.

 

EPIC:

  • Will be vine themed.
  • Instead of running games, one SB in the partnership will stay with their group, while the other SB will stay in one area. The groups will moved around to the stationed SBs who will show them vines the groups must recreate and the other SB will film.
  • After the groups recreate the most vines they can, the videos will be sent to the Wendys.
  • The EPIC prize will be awarded to the group with the funniest and most creative fun recreations.

Adjournment: Monica motioned to adjourn the meeting. Kinnon seconded the motion. Meeting was adjourned.

Strait Meeting Minutes – October 21st, 2018

NSSSA Minutes From:

Strait Regional Cabinet Meeting

20181021

 

Location:            46 Old Riverside Rd, Guysborough

Time of Commencement: 1:59pm

Time of Adjournment:  3:19

Duration:     1 hour 20 minutes

Attendance:

Present Voting Members:      Kara MacDougall, Wamfa Kumdoung, Maddie Ehler, Molly Vokey, Aidan Doucet, Jack Clapperton, Payton MacMillan, Mathew MacEachern, Emma Jewkes, Angus Kennedy, Sam Silver, Monica Lumsden, Noor Mohrez, Kinnon Wallace, Tessa Pelrine

Present Non-Voting Members: Dawn Thompson

Late:

Regrets: Ria Juurlink, Margaret Ann Gillis, Avery LeLièvre, Logan Fox, Wilfred Bowie, Zac Foran, Paddy Wallace, Katelyn Libbus

No-Shows:

 

Updates:

3-Tions:

  • Created G.R.O.O.V.E database.
  • Wrote G.R.O.O.V.E. confirmation email.

 

Skill Building Co-Chairs:

  • Worked on session four for G.R.O.O.V.E skillbuilding manual.

 

Public Relations:

  • Posted more on social media.
  • Received and waiting on more donations from businesses.
  • Following up on businesses this week.

 

WENDY’s:

  • Working on and coming up with new ideas for EPIC.
  • Making list of cheers for G.R.O.O.V.E.
  • Practiced cheers.
  • Chose a Tie-Dye theme for the dance at regionals.

 

Head School Reps:

  • Emailed all principals.
  • Checked in with reps. Told them to do as much promoting as possible and gave them tips on promoting.
  • Had presentations at SAERC, St. Mary’s, Dalbrae and Canso Academy.
  • Booked presentations for CBHA and discussing meeting at NDA and Dalbrae.
  • Promoted in Dr.J.

 

Welcoming Co-Chairs:

  • Made more Fuzzies.
  • Worked on the G.R.O.O.V.E Welcoming Email.
  • Began a draft for the packing list.

 

Secretary:

  • Sent out the October 12th meeting’s minutes.
  • Had contact with Steve regarding G.R.O.O.V.E shirt logos.

 

Co-Premiers:

  • Sent follow up email to Rebecca Messay about being a speaker.
  • Promoted G.R.O.O.V.E.
  • Got a contract from new coordinator at St.FX. Food pricing is missing aside from supper, which is $13.50(same as last year). Looking into cheaper meal options.
  • Reviewed and changed conference itinerary. Talent show times were changed from last year.
  • Dance studios were not booked, still waiting on an answer from St.FX. The space would be used for advisor’s sleeping arrangements.

 

Head Logistics:

 

Head Chaperones:

 

Head First Aid:

 

Head Mental Health First Aid:

 

Regional Advisor:

 

New Business:

 

Regional Reminders

  • Cabinet discussed positional reminders since conference is quickly approaching.
  • Dawn read aloud the advice given by last year’s cabinet at debrief to each position on the current cabinet
  • Cabinet was reminded to take advantage of mental health first aid for themselves at conference.

 

How-to/opportunities fair

  • Co-premiers brought up a new system for how-tos.
  • Delegates will be split in half. Half will be at opportunity fair, which will be a setup of “drop in” How-Tos (similar to grade nine event). The other half will attend one how-to session, which they signed up for, and then the two groups will switch.
  • PR’s will continue to work out the details.

 

Delegates from outside regions

  • Cabinet encourages delegates from other regions to find their own advisors. If the delegates cannot, Strait cabinet will try to place them with a Strait advisor if possible. However, delegates from the Strait region are priority.

 

Databases

  • Cabinet agreed that using excel for databases was not optimal for NSSSA’s use, so google sheets will be used from now on.

 

Sponsorships

  • Delegate sponsorship opportunities for G.R.O.O.V.E will be offered shortly. A google survey will be used as an application and will be posted on the NSSSA website.

 

Form Transport

  • The strike at Canada Post may complicate the sending/receiving of regional forms.
  • Other ways to receive forms from school reps were discussed; send pictures, scanned, courrier, maritime bus.

 

Preparation for G.R.O.O.V.E.

  • Be prepared for the worst when getting ready for conference.
  • Think of what could go wrong and come up with possible solutions.

 

Promote

  • Cabinet should work very hard to promote 24/7.
  • Push yourself to talk to as many people as you can. Make the extra step to sit with people to discuss conference.
  • Use social media to promote.

 

International students

  • Looking into getting Dr.J to pay for international students to go to conference.

 

Adjournment: Sam motioned to adjourn the meeting. Mathew seconded the motion. Meeting was adjourned.

Strait Meeting Minutes – October 12th, 2018

NSSSA Minutes From:

Strait Regional Cabinet Meeting

20181012

 

Location:   3090 Martha Dr, Antigonish

Time of Commencement:    5:09pm

Time of Adjournment: 5:55pm

Duration: 46 minutes

Attendance:

Present Voting Members:       Wamfa Kumdoung, Mathew MacEachren, Aidan Doucet, Kinnon Wallace, Emma Jewkes, Angus Kennedy, Monica Lumsden, Sam Silver, Maddie Ehler, Margaret Ann Gillis, Payton MacMillan, Ria Juurlink, Tessa Pelrine, Kara MacDougall

Present Non-Voting Members: Katelyn Libbus, Zac Foran, Wilfred Bowie, Paddy Wallace

Late: Logan Fox, Avery LeLièvre, Noor Mohrez

Regrets: Molly Vokey, Jack Clapperton, Dawn Thompson

No-Shows:

 

Updates:

3-Tions:

  • Collected B.O.P forms.
  • Put all B.O.P. delegate forms into the database.
  • Sent out confirmation email to B.O.P delegates.
  • Finalized GROOVE forms.
  • Made skillbuilding groups.
  • Finalized advisors.

 

Skill Building Co-Chairs:

  • Finished Session 3 for regionals.
  • Bought items needed for B.O.P skillbuilding groups.
  • Prepared for B.O.P. skill building retreat.

 

Public Relations:

  • Visited more businesses and followed up on businesses.
  • Received donations from Snow Queen and A&W.
  • Waiting on more donations.
  • Posted and prepared social media posts.
  • Received monetary donations from Atlantic Superstore, which were used to purchase snacks for B.O.P.

 

WENDY’s:

  • Practiced cheers for B.O.P.
  • Gathered costumes.
  • Working on epic for regionals.

 

 

Head School Reps:

  • Meetings with grade nines attending B.O.P were held at each school.
  • Started emailing schools about booking presentation dates for regionals presentations.

 

Welcoming Co-Chairs:

  • Made more fuzzies.
  • Sent out welcoming email for B.O.P.
  • Began a draft for G.R.O.O.V.E welcoming email.

 

Secretary:

  • Sent minutes from September 30th’s meeting to RC.
  • Posted minutes on website.
  • RC apparel was finished by First Choice, shipped and received.
  • Made payment to First Choice for apparel.
  • Emailed Steve from FC about regional shirt colours and logos.

 

Co-Premiers:

  • Met with Rebecca Mesay on Friday.
  • Sent forms to webmaster Derek.
  • Organized checks with delegates.
  • Booked StFX for October 12th and November 10th for Skillbuilding retreats.
  • Sent out Positional Itinerary.
  • Has check-ins with all of Cabinet.
  • Collected numbers for patch order.
  • Contacted Ernie in hopes of receiving a signed contract for SAERC.
  • Confirmed Dr.J bus pricing for B.O.P.
  • Changed due date for G.R.O.O.V.E forms.
  • Emailed Marry Jessie regarding the potential open house for Strait Regional Cabinet .
  • Delegated tasks as conference approaches.

 

Head Logistics:

 

Head Chaperones:

 

Head First Aid:

  • Certified in first aid.
  • Ordered and received a first aid kit.

 

Head Mental Health First Aid:

  • Looking into getting incident report forms for G.R.O.O.V.E.
  • Checked in with past HMHFA.

 

Regional Advisor:

 

New Business:

 

Open House

  • StFX offered RC to choose a date that works best for the NSSSA cabinets.
  • Pending date. Looking at early November.
  • Cabinet is highly encouraged to attend the open house.

 

G.R.O.O.V.E Promoting

  • Forms are released October 13th, cabinet should start promoting immediately.
  • Cabinet will make promotional posters. Everyone should work very hard to promote conference in any way possible.
  • Due date for forms all forms (delegates, alumni positions, skillbuilders) is October 25th.

 

B.O.P.

  • Co-premiers reminded cabinet of roles, responsibilities, and materials needed for B.O.P.
  • Cabinet was reminded to stay positive and to level out throughout the entire event.

 

Adjournment:   Monica motioned to adjourn the meeting. Wamfa seconded the motion. Meeting was adjourned.

Strait Meeting Minutes – September 30th, 2018

 

NSSSA Minutes From:

Strait Regional Cabinet Meeting

20180930

 

Location:       45 Tamara Drive

Time of Commencement:        5:05pm

Time of Adjournment:  6:21pm

Duration:    1 hour 16 minutes

Attendance:

Present Voting Members:       Aidan Doucet, Molly Vokey, Kara MacDougall, Wamfa Kumdoung, Noor Mohrez, Ria Juurlink, Payton MacMillan, Margaret Ann Gillis, Monica Lumsden, Sam Silver, Maddie Eher, Jack Clapperton, Emma Jewkes, Tessa Pelrine, Kinnon Wallace, Angus Kennedy, Mathew MacEachern

Present Non-Voting Members:   Katelyn Libbus, Dawn Thompson, Rebecca MacKeen,

Late:

Regrets:    Paddy Wallace, Logan Fox, Avery LeLièvre, Zac Foran, Wilfred Bowie

No-Shows:

 

Updates:

3-Tions:

  • Entered cabinet’s information into B.O.P. database.
  • Edited G.R.O.O.V.E. forms.
  • Finished G.R.O.O.V.E. confirmation email.

 

Skill Building Co-Chairs:

  • Worked on sessions 2 and 3 for G.R.O.O.V.E. skillbuilding manual.
  • Made SB material list for B.O.P.

 

Public Relations:

  • Emailed the Hawk and XFM about promotion for regional conference.
  • Visited more businesses and did follow-ups on previously visited businesses.
  • Made social media posts.
  • Added to how-to database.
  • Have most cabinet pictures and questions for delegate manual.
  • Business database is up to date.
  • Looking into promoting conference through businesses such as Mark’s Work Wearhouse.
  • The Antigonish Bike Shop agreed to doing a how-to at regionals.
  • Spoke to Coles about fundraising opportunity.

 

WENDY’s:

  • Picked cheers for B.O.P.
  • Met up with Aidan to go over cheers and ideas.
  • Practiced the cheer bible.

 

Head School Reps:

  • Organized and held presentation for grade nines at the Richmond Academy school.
  • Went to SAREC to help promote.
  • Found a rep for Richmond.
  • Had check-ins with the reps.
  • Presentations were done at SAERC, Canso, the East, Guysborough, Pomquet, and Sherbrooke by their school reps.

 

Welcoming Co-Chairs:

  • Made more fuzzies.
  • Fuzzie count: around 140. Aiming to make 200-250.
  • Completed the welcoming email.
  • Finished planning out B.O.P. welcoming activity.

 

Secretary:

  • Sent out September 23rd meeting’s minutes to cabinet.
  • Posted minutes on website.
  • Continued to receive money for RC apparel from cabinet members.
  • Drafted email for Steve from First Choice regarding regional t-shirts.

 

Co-Premiers:

  • Contacted Rebecca Mesay about being a keynote speaker and trying to establish a meeting time.
  • Talked with parents and delegates regarding details about grade nine event.
  • Sent email to StFX about both skillbuilding retreats in conference rooms. (October 12th and November 10th)
  • Booked a bus to transport Dr.J and East delegates to and from grade nine event.

 

Head Logistics:

 

Head Chaperones:

 

Head First Aid:

 

Head Mental Health First Aid:

 

Regional Advisor:

  • Had a check-in with Sara regarding changes to registration for Provincial Conference and how Advisors are going to be notified of online registrations this year.
  • Received 26 forms for B.O.P. from Dr.J, and waiting to receive more.
  • Got information about rep for Dalbrae and has an advisor for Dalbrae.

 

 

New Business:

 

Coles Bookstore Offer

  • Coles Antigonish offered the opportunity for RC to be involved in a clearance event where cabinet will receive a percentage of the money made during that particular day.
  • Cabinet agreed this would be a good opportunity to promote NSSSA and to fundraise money for bursaries.
  • PR’s will continue to look into this offer.

 

B.O.P How-To Fair

  • All cabinet members who are available to participate in the B.O.P. How-to fair must send their idea to the PRs ASAP.
  • Current how-to ideas being done; “how to chill”, “how to glow”, “how to bellydance”, “how-to fuzzy”, “how to student leadership/student council” and a photobooth.
  • Make how-to booths fun and interactive to develop connection and engagement with delegate.

 

B.O.P. EPIC theme

  • Theme will be “space” and skillbuilders will be aliens.
  • Wendys will give more info on EPIC details soon.

 

B.O.P. Update

  • Delegate numbers are currently undetermined. Numbers should increase after receiving more forms on Monday and Tuesday.
  • Co-premiers told cabinet that late forms will be accepted but only until Tuesday. More forms should not be passed out before Tuesday.
  • SAERC needs an advisor.

 

Skillbuilding supply list for B.O.P.

  • Materials needed; smarties, paper, and writing utensils.
  • A speaker for music is needed. Molly and Mat plan to bring theirs.

 

Promotion

  • Cabinet discussed increasing the use of posters and social media when promoting for regional conference.
  • RC will have a bonding event to make posters together before G.R.O.O.V.E.. promotion begins.

 

Positionl Itinerary for BOP

  • Everyone needs to check the itinerary sent by Sam so they know what they need to be doing at all times during the event. .
  • Cabinet members will arrive at SAERC between 8:00 and 8:30am on the day of B.O.P. Event starts at 9:30am. Carpooling arrangements will be organized through a Facebook poll.

 

October 12th meeting

  • The mandatory B.O.P skillbuilding retreat/meeting will begin at 5:00pm at StFX.

 

Skillbuilding manuals

  • Jack will print off manuals for B.O.P. skillbuilder at Staples.
  • Using phones for skillbuilding manual is acceptable at SB retreat but unacceptable during sessions at grade nine event.

 

Reminders

  • No meeting next Sunday (October 7th).
  • Co-premiers will have check-ins over Google Hangout with all cabinet positions throughout this weekend. An empty schedule will be sent out and members can choose the time slot that works best for them.

 

StFX open house

  • StFX has agreed to hold a private open house for NSSSA cabinet members, as the official openhouse is the same day as B.O.P.
  • Rebecca will let cabinet know when she has more details. The open house is open to all cabinets in the province.

 

B.O.P. Buses

  • Transportation for Dr.J and East delegates via school bus will require students to pay in advance.
  • There is a chance there may not enough room for all delegates interested in taking the bus, so it will be based on first come, first served.

 

NSSSA Patches

  • Conference Committee will be ordering iron-on patches of the NSSSA logo.
  • The order is open to all cabinets. If you wish to buy one, let Sam or Monica know.
  • Price is currently undetermined.

Adjournment:   Monica motioned to adjourn the meeting. Mathew seconded the motion. Meeting was adjourned.

Strait Meeting Minutes – September 23th, 2018

 

NSSSA Minutes From:

Strait Regional Cabinet Meeting

20180923

 

Location:        1 Harbour View Crt

Time of Commencement:        5:06pm

Time of Adjournment:  6:10pm

Duration:    1 hour 4 minutes

Attendance:

Present Voting Members:        Wamfa Kumdoung, Monica Lumsden, Sam Silver, Kara MacDougall, Emma Jewkes, Angus Kennedy, Ria Juurlink, Noor Mohrez, Jack Clapperton, Payton MacMillan, Aidan Doucet, Matthew MacEachern, Tessa Pelrine, Maddie Ehler, Molly Vokey

Present Non-Voting Members:  Dawn Thompson, Wilfre Bowie

Late:  Margaret Ann Gillis

Regrets: Kinnon Wallace, Paddy Wallace, Logan Fox, Avery LeLièvre, Katelyn Libbus, Zac Foran

No-Shows:

 

Updates:

3-Tions:

  • B.O.P forms were finalized.
  • Almost finished G.R.O.O.V.E forms. Waiting on logistic, chaperone and skillbuilding application questions to be finalized.
  • Finished confirmation email for B.O.P delegates.

 

Skill Building Co-Chairs:

  • Finished B.O.P skillbuilding manual.
  • Chose questions for the G.R.O.O.V.E skillbuilding application.

 

Public Relations:

  • Visited 12 businesses and waiting to hear back from them.
  • Received two coupons.
  • Made a social media post.
  • Started email draft for radio stations XFM and The Hawk regarding promotion opportunities.
  • Received confirmation from one business about doing a how-to for regional conference.

 

WENDY’s:

  • Have ideas and games decided for B.O.P’s EPIC, and will be finalized soon.
  • Practiced cheers and decided on which to use at G.R.O.O.V.E.
  • Have a creative theme picked for B.O.P’s EPIC surrounding the “Bop It” game to incorporate the name of the event.

 

Head School Reps:

  • Had rep orientations with all reps.
  • Made the presentation about B.O.P and sent it to all reps.
  • Sent forms to all reps.
  • Sent emails to all principals.
  • Booked presentations at Canso, Dr.JHG, SAERC and  Sherbrooke schools.
  • Had presentation at Dr.JHG for grade nines.

 

Welcoming Co-Chairs:

  • Made more fuzzies .
  • Added more games to the grade nine welcoming event.
  • Reviewed packing list for B.O.P.
  • Worked on the welcoming email for B.O.P.

 

Secretary:

  • Sent out September 16th meeting’s minutes to cabinet.
  • Posted minutes on website.

 

Co-Premiers:

  • Booked SAERC as the B.O.P venue for October 13th.
  • Released grade nine forms on September 19th.
  • Sent grade nine forms to Derek (webmaster) to be posted on the website.
  • Contacted Rebecca Mesay about being the potential keynote speaker for regional conference and awaiting reply.
  • Sending regional forms to webmaster by the end of the week.
  • Promoting BOP daily to the grade nine students at Dr.J.

 

Head Logistics:

  • Made a few changes to the Logistic form for G.R.O.O.V.E.

 

Head Chaperones:

 

Head First Aid:

  • First aid training for Saturday September 22 was cancelled.
  • Looking into booking another training session during the school week so training can be received before grade nine event.

 

Head Mental Health First Aid:

  •  Received certification in Mental Health First Aid.

 

Regional Advisor:

 

New Business:

 

Regional Forms

  • G.R.O.O.V.E forms need to be completely finalized by the end of this week so they will be ready to be posted at the same time that cabinet starts to promote them.

 

Email etiquette

  • Co-premiers reminded cabinet the importance of email adequate on behalf of provincial cabinet.
  • Emails within and outside of the NSSSA must be replied to within 24 hours.

 

Promoting grade nine event

  • Cabinet should continue to promote grade nine event throughout the week, as it is the last week for registration. Members were reminded that there will be no school on Friday.
  • Co-premiers told cabinet to be approachable, informative and persistent when promoting. Promotion is an important part of everyone’s job.
  • Forms are not posted on the NSSSA website yet so cabinet/reps have to make sure forms are easily accessible within schools. A tweet will be posted announcing when forms are available online.
  • Cabinet was reminded that although form deadlines are important, exceptions can be made for delegates if requested. If a delegate approaches you with this concern after the deadline, let Sam, Monica and Dawn know.

 

B.O.P skillbuilding retreat

  • Retreat was confirmed for Friday, October 12th.
  • This will be the B.O.P skillbuilding retreat and EPIC explanation, combined with a meeting. There may be RC bonding before/after.

 

Meeting Dates

  • Cabinet was reminded that there will be no meeting on Sunday October 7th, as it is thanksgiving weekend.
  • There will also be no meeting the Sunday after B.O.P, October 14th.

 

B.O.P debrief

  • Debrief will happen on Sunday October 21st.
  • Cabinet will also be filming the video for regional conference and will have a potluck.
  • Members should let co-premiers know if their house is available as a location.

 

B.O.P skillbuilding materials

  • Skillbuilding co-chairs will notify cabinet about the skillbuilding supplies needed for grade nine event soon.
  • Needed materials that were discussed included paper, writing utensils and M&Ms/Smarties.

 

G.R.O.O.V.E T-shirts

  • Sam made a mock-up t-shirt design that cabinet decided will be used.
  • Cabinet will vote on a Facebook poll to determine the t-shirt color.

 

B.O.P how-to fair

  • There will be a photobooth during the how-to fair at B.O.P.
  • Cabinet was reminded that everyone is expected to have something planned for the how-to fair at grade nine event.
  • Everyone should email PR’s about your how-to of choice.

Adjournment: Sam motioned to adjourn the meeting. Noor seconded the motion. Meeting was adjourned.

Strait Meeting Minutes – September 16th, 2018

NSSSA Minutes From:

Strait Regional Cabinet Meeting

20180916

 

Location:                  111 Hawthorne St.

Time of Commencement:    5:09pm

Time of Adjournment:  6:26pm

Duration:   1 hour 17 minutes

Attendance:

Present Voting Members:     Jack Clapperton, Emma Jewkes, Ria Juurlink, Payton MacMillan, Matthew MacEachern, Angus Kennedy, Kara MacDougall, Wamfa Kumduong,  Maddie Ehler, Margaret Ann Gillis, Tessa Pelrine, Molly Vokey, Monica Lumsden, Aidan Doucet, Noor Mohrez, Sam Silver

Present Non-Voting Members:    Zac Foran, Will Bowie, Dawn Thompson

Late:  Kinnon Wallace

Regrets:    Logan Fox, Avery LeLièvre, Katelyn Libbus, Paddy Wallace

No-Shows:

 

Updates:

3-Tions:

  • Sent the completed forms to Abe and Dawn.
  • Sent delegate confirmation email draft to co-premiers.

 

Skill Building Co-Chairs:

  • Created document with selected session themes for regionals.
  • Completed session three for grade nine event manual.

 

Public Relations:

  • Made another social media post and organised future social media posts.
  • Got organized for visiting businesses and have visited 4 businesses already.
  • Updated the database and searched for more businesses to add.
  • Finished donation letter template and finalized PR “spiels”.
  • Edited corporate package.
  • Sent out email about grade nine how-tos to cabinet.
  • Going to visit more businesses.

 

WENDY’s:

  • Brainstormed new ways EPIC could be made different from past years.
  • Continued to study cheer bible.
  • Made costume database.
  • Chose which cheers would be used for regionals.

 

Head School Reps:

  • Had positional update with Amber.
  • Sent out email to this year’s potential school reps and heard back from one (not including reps on cabinet).
  • Drafted the email for principals, which is to be sent out on Monday.
  • Edited presentation for grade nines.
  • Looking to book grade nine presentations within schools for the near future.

 

Welcoming Co-Chairs:

  • Made more fuzzies.
  • Researched and added more games to the welcoming activity for grade nine event.
  • Drafted welcoming email for grade nine event.
  • Drafted packing list for grade nine event.

 

Secretary:

  • Sent out minutes from September 9th’s meeting.
  • Posted minutes on NSSSA website.
  • Emailed back and forth with Steve from First choice and placed order for both cabinet sweaters and bucket hats.
  • Will be collecting money for apparel from cabinet in the following week.

 

Co-Premiers:

  • In the process of booking Saerc for grade nine event. Faxed facilities booking form to SAERC from Dr.J.
  • Currently figuring out the details and will hopefully have it booked in the next week

 

Head Logistics:

  • Getting regional logistic applications ready.

 

Head Chaperones:

  • Getting regional chaperones applications ready.

 

Head First Aid:

  • Taking a First Aid recertification course on September 22nd.

 

Head Mental Health First Aid:

  • MHFA course was officially booked for September 22nd-23rd.

 

Regional Advisor:

  •  Did lots of editing.

 

New Business:

Cabinet apparel prices

  • Crewnecks- $28.75
  • Bucket Hats- $25.90
  • Money should be given to secretary at the next meeting in exact change.

 

Timeline

  • All cabinet members should be regularly checking the timeline and keeping up with all tasks.
  • Everyone should look ahead on their timeline to be aware of what needs to be completed in the future.
  • Do not let work pile up- use the timeline to your advantage and let it help keep you organized.
  • Remember to comment complete when done.

 

Minutes and emails

  • All cabinet members must remember to consistently respond to minutes with the keyword within 48 hours.
  • To avoid confusion for secretary, when members receive email with minutes, the should reply back to said email so all responses are in the same email thread.
  • Cabinet should share ALL documents regarding cabinet business with the co-premiers and Dawn!

 

Communication

  • Co-premiers emphasized the importance of building a friendly relationship among partners and to maintain good communication.
  • Understand that partnerships should have a “give and take” relationship. This means to share the workload and to be willing pick up slack or ask for help.
  • Try to communicate any concerns you may have with your partner to ensure all tasks are completed on time and prevent the development of any bad work habits.

 

Tentative Dates for release of BOP forms

  • Cabinet is aiming to have forms out for September 24th.
  • After forms come out, registration will be open for two cornbread weeks, and therefore the possible due date is October 5th.

 

3-tions sitting out

  • It was clarified that one 3-tion must sit out at grade nine event to manage the database, while the other two 3-tions will sit out at regional conference.
  • 3-tions will decide who will cover each role amongst themselves.

 

Speaker for regionals

  • Co-premiers encouraged cabinet to continue coming up with possible keynote speakers for regional conference.
  • Possible speaker; Rebecca Mesay. Mesay was a potential speaker for the 2018 provincial conference and offered a cheap cost. Cabinet agreed she would be a good option as she is an individual involved in youth leadership, and would be more relatable to the conference’s audience.

 

Grade nine skillbuilding retreat

  • The grade nine skillbuilding retreat for cabinet will be held on Friday october 12th, at Swartz around 5pm.

 

Regional conference skillbuilding retreat

  • Cabinet discussed possible dates for the regional skillbuilding retreat. Although it conflicts with the time of Metro regional conference, it was decided Saturday November 10th would be the best day to hold it because of other deadlines for Strait’s conference.
  • Cabinet will have a meeting before the retreat. This meeting will be mandatory for all cabinet members.

 

Skillbuilding Promotion

  • Don’t forget to promote attending conference as a delegate AND a skillbuilder.
  • Encourage past delegates to apply to be a skillbuilder.

 

StFX open house

  • The StFX open house is on the same day as grade nine event, however cabinet is  looking into finding another way to visit stfx, as many are interested in attending the event.

 

Adjournment:    Monica motioned to adjourn the meeting. Jack seconded the motion. Meeting was adjourned.

Strait Meeting Minutes – September 9th, 2018

 

NSSSA Minutes From:

Strait Regional Cabinet Meeting

20180909

 

Location:          204 Cloverville Road

Time of Commencement:   5:05

Time of Adjournment:  6:18

Duration:  1 hour 13 minutes

Attendance:

Present Voting Members:       Payton MacMillan, Monica Lumsden, Sam Silver, Aidan Doucet, Kara MacDougall, Emma Jewkes, Ria Juurlink, Matthew MacEachern, Maddie Ehler, Wamfa Kumduong, Angus Kennedy, Molly Vokey, Noor Mohrez, Jack Clapperton

Present Non-Voting Members: Katelyn Libbus, Dawn Thompson

Late:   Kinnon Wallace

Regrets:  Logan Fox, Margaret Ann Gillis, Avery LeLièvre, Wilfred Bowie, Tessa Pelrine, Zac Foran, Paddy Wallace

No-Shows:

 

Updates:

3-Tions:

  • Finished making forms for grade nine event.
  • Three forms are left to finish for regionals conference.

 

Skill Building Co-Chairs:

  • Worked on Session 2 in skillbuilding manual for grade nine event and are almost finished.
  • Started session 3 for grade nine event.
  • Brainstormed on themes for the sessions for Regionals and almost have them worked out.

 

Public Relations:

  • Determined individual positions; Angus is responsible for social media, Jack is responsible for the delegate manual and Noor is responsible for how-to’s.
  • Brainstormed more for businesses to contact and how to go about doing so.
  • Collected delegate manual answers from cabinet.
  • Made a social media post.

 

WENDY’s:

  • Studied cheer bible.
  • Deciding on which cheers to use for the conferences.
  • Continued to plan for EPIC.

Head School Reps:

  • Began to draft an email to initiate communication with principals of each school in the region and began to update the database of principals.
  • Started to update the database of all principals of each school in the region.
  • Received names of potential reps for schools this year.
  • Brainstormed how to get delegates from schools that have had low attendance at past conferences.
  • Decided that instead of having a retreat with all school reps together, the HSR’s will have individual meetings on Google Hangouts. This choice of meeting is more convenient for the reps given the geographic distance between schools in the region and could make reps more comfortable to ask questions.

 

Welcoming Co-Chairs:

  • Gathered more yarn.
  • Fuzzie count: around 60.
  • Researched activities for Grade 9 Conference.

 

Secretary:

  • Sent out minutes from the September 2nd meeting.
  • Posted the minutes on the NSSSA website.
  • Emailed Steve from First Choice about the sweater order. Steve responded saying the colour cabinet requested (orchid) is not available.
  • Will call Steve on Monday letting him know the cabinet’s new colour choice, as well has how many bucket hats will be ordered.

 

Co-Premiers:

  • Met with StFX and got the venue officially booked for November 17th-18th.
  • New terms in contract were also negotiated at the meeting with StFX such as an increase of available space. StFX is willing to make changes.
  • Contacted SAERC to book grade nine event and were referred to the building manager who will get back to them.
  • Started budget .

 

Head Logistics:

 

Head Chaperones:

 

Head First Aid:

 

Head Mental Health First Aid:

  • Found out that NSSSA will be receiving a Mental Health training grant where new/potential MHFA’s can receive their Mental Health certifications for free.

 

 

Regional Advisor:

  • Promoted NSSSA to students.

 

New Business:

Conference space:

  • StFX is looking into making the dance studio available for sleeping arrangements.

 

Regionals’ supper location

  • Co-premiers brought up the possibility of eating at meal hall at regionals instead of just breakfast. Having only lunch being catered could save money.
  • Members were concerned about the safety of delegates eating supper at meal hall at the same time as university students. A solution to this concern was to ask StFX to keep the hall open past closing hours so only conference attendees would be eating at that time.
  • Another concern mentioned was the sense of intimacy that can be lost when having meals at meal hall.
  • Discussion was tabled.

 

New Sweater colour

  • Since First Choice does not have crewnecks available in the colour orchid, cabinet chose a new sweater colour.
  • Cabinet decided the new sweater colour will be indigo blue.

 

Promoting

  • Cabinet members should start promoting.
  • Cabinet should start thinking of making posters or find ideas for other methods of promoting.
  • When promoting regional conference, members can explain to potential delegates the option of applying for bursaries to go to conference for free.
  • Co-premiers and HSR’s are going to look into asking schools within the region if the are willing to send international students to the conference for free.

 

EPIC

  • Cabinet discussed looking into new dynamics for EPIC.
  • Members agreed that the goal of a “new EPIC” would be to incorporate calmer/less physically demanding elements, while still having the high energy aspect of “usual EPIC”.
  • One example of a new EPIC dynamic discussed was a scavenger hunt concept that would include clues.
  • Wendy’s will try to come up with a potential structure of EPIC for next week.

 

Timelines

  • When members complete tasks designated on the RC timeline, they must comment on the task to let the co-premiers know that the task has been completed. This can be done by right clicking on “incomplete”, then insert a comment saying “completed”.
  • Co-premiers reminded cabinet of the importance of completing tasks on time and to have tasks finished before meetings for those that are to be completed on Sundays.

 

How-to fair

  • As done last year, the PR’s will combine the concept of how-to’s and opportunity fair into a “how-to fair”, AKA “howportunity fair” for grade nine event.

 

Adjournment:

  • Sam motioned to adjourn the meeting. Molly seconded the motion. Meeting was adjourned.

Strait Meeting Minutes – September 2nd, 2018

 

NSSSA Minutes From:

Strait Regional Cabinet Meeting

20180902

 

Location:       1 Harbour View Crt

Time of Commencement: 5:02

Time of Adjournment: 5:56

Duration:  54 minutes

Attendance:

Present Voting Members:        Sam Silver, Monica Lumsden, Ria Juurlink, Aidan Doucet, Matthew MacEachern, Emma Jewkes, Kara MacDougall, Tessa Pelrine, Kinnon Wallace, Margaret Ann Gillis, Molly Vokey, Payton MacMillan

Present Non-Voting Members: Rebecca MacKeen, Dawn Thompson

Late: Maddie Ehler, Angus Kennedy, Noor Mohrez

Regrets:   Wamfa Kumdoung, Logan Fox, Avery LeLeivre, Will Bowie, Zac Foran, Jack Clapperton

No-Shows: Paddy Wallace, Katelyn Libbus

 

Updates:

3-Tions:

  • Created a template database for the grade nine conference.
  • Created a database for the regional conference.

 

Skill Building Co-Chairs:

  • Completed first session in the skillbuilding manual for grade nine event.
  • Started working on the second session.

 

Public Relations:

  • Sent out delegate manual questions to cabinet.
  • Started database for donations.
  • Started to organize social media contests.
  • Brainstormed on the “spiel” for collecting donations.

 

WENDY’s:

  • Brainstormed ideas for EPIC.
  • Memorized cheers from cheer bible.
  • Started looking into gathering costumes.

 

 

Head School Reps:

  • Drafted emails that are to be sent to past graduated and non-graduated school reps. These emails will ask past non-graduated reps if they would like to continue their roles as well as asking graduated reps about potential reps. Emails will be sent out shortly.

 

 

Welcoming Co-Chairs:

  • Made around 20 fuzzies.
  • Decided on doing a similar activity to the concept of “playfair” that was done by one of the keynote speakers at the Rise Up 2018 provincial conference.

 

 

Secretary:

  • Edited and sent out the minutes from August 11th’s meeting to cabinet.
  • Posted the August 11th minutes as well as the minutes from the meeting held at retreat
  • Sent an email to cabinet asking for sweater sizes and made a database for the sizes.

 

Co-Premiers:

  • Meeting with STFX representations on September 6th to discuss booking, contract, catering and accommodations for the regional conference. Co-premiers would like to look into increasing the amount of space available on campus during regional conference in the case of a large increase in delegates.
  • Tentative dates for regional conference are still November 17th-18th and October 13th for grade nine event.

 

Head Logistics:

 

Head Chaperones:

.

Head First Aid:

 

Head Mental Health First Aid:

 

Regional Advisor:

 

New Business:

 

Clothing

  • RC sweaters will be a lavender purple.
  • All cabinet clothing orders will go through First Choice clothing.
  • Cabinet will also be placing orders for bucket hats, and will order for students from other regions cabinets if desired.

 

Shared Regional Conferences

  • PC has decided that people from outside regions can attend Strait regional conferences, and therefore strait region members can attend other regional conferences.
  • Since there is now a possibility of having delegates from outside provinces, 3-tions will add a section on the regional forms where delegates can signify which region they are coming from.

 

Cheque Requisitions

  • If cabinet members need to purchase supplies for anything cabinet related, they must notify the copremiers before purchasing anything in order to receive a cheque req.

 

Keynote Speaker

  • The possibility of having Sean Fraser as a keynote speaker was brought up. It was discussed that a certain political message could be interpreted by delegates or parents if he spoke at the regional conference, given Fraser’s political background. Cabinet agreed that the NSSSA is not politically affiliated and should remain that way. Therefore, it was decided it would be better to incorporate Fraser during other parts of conference such as opening ceremonies.
  • Cabinet members should be on the lookout for potential keynote speakers.

 

Conference Names

  • Cabinet discussed naming the grade nine event B.O.P (Beginning Opportunities Positively and G.R.O.O.V.E (Growing Real Opportunities in Our Various Environments) for regionals.
  • Co-premiers would like cabinet members to create possible logos for grade nine event and regionals.

Attendance

  • It is very important to have Sunday evenings free and have work booked off well ahead of time to ensure consistent attendance at meetings
  • It is especially important to have grade  the entire weekend of regionals booked off, as well as the day of grade nine event.

 

Motions

  • Sam motioned to name Strait Region’s 2018 grade nine event “B.O.P.” Angus seconded the motion. One was opposed.14 members were in favor. Motion was passed.
  • Monica motioned to name Strait Region’s 2018 regional conference “G.R.O.O.V.E” Molly seconded the motion. Cabinet was unanimously in favor of the motion. Motion was passed.

 

Adjournment: Monica motioned to adjourn the meeting, Margaret Ann seconded the motion. Meeting was adjourned