Metro Regional Cabinet Meeting

20181028

Location: Mount Saint Vincent University

Time of commencement: 19:13

Time of Adjournment: 20:09

Duration: Fifty-six minutes

Attendance:

Present Voting Members: Becca MacAulay, Brooke Betyna, Youna McGowan, Jasmine Metzler, Alex Torrealba, DJ Shuman, Kailey Webber, Emily Webb, Ella Stacey, Julia Gonzales, Bleona Sahiti, Matthew Boutilier, Cameron Fiander, Isabelle Parmiter, Renee McLeod

Present Non-Voting Members: Qendresa Sahiti, Fortesa Sahiti

Regrets: Katie Bates, Mitchell Aguinaga, Emily Robichaud

Positional Updates:

Secretary: She has been working on the minutes.

Public Relations: Alex has nine confirmed Engagement Sessions. Isabelle needs everyone to respond to her email regarding Cabinet profiles to go in the Delegate Manual. She asks anyone who has not responded to do so by Monday, October 29. DJ has not heard back from any businesses about monetary donations. Becca and Fortesa advised him to call and show up to the business and follow through. The Delegate Manual is almost done.

Skillbuilding Co-Chairs: They have been reviewing the Skillbuilding application forms. They are currently planning the Skillbuilder retreat which is November 3. At the retreat, Anna C. will present a Mental Health video. Also the WENDYS will present Epic.

Head School Representatives: They need to draft their email to Advisors as well as create the lunch schedule.

3-Tions: The 3-Tions have been receiving forms and placing them in the database.

Welcoming Co-Chair: They made a draft of the packing list and are continuing to make more fuzzies.

Wendy: They have made a list of supplies for epic. They will make a sheet so Cabinet Members can sign up to bring items. Some examples include; a large puzzle, flashlights, some loose leaf, a sandbox, rocks to make an Inukshuk.

Co-Premier: The Metro Regional Cabinet is providing five scholarships. Becca will give the 3-Tions the information of the people receiving scholarships. Becca suggested that in the future there should be better promotion of scholarships. They got another Keynote speaker booked, his name is Quentrel Provo.

Head First Aid: Qendresa needs an update on the First Aid Kit. She has also given Bleona the forms for the people providing First Aid at conference.

Head Chaperones: They have been getting a team together. Fortesa feels that they should only need ten Chaperones for conference.

New Business:

Engagement Sessions: There needs to be better communication between the people giving delegates their Engagement Session room numbers. An idea to differentiate the first and second session would be to put a one by the first room number, then a two with the second. There should be people telling people about the pumpkin Engagement Sessions while they wait to register. Alex offered to work on making posters for the Engagement Session and place them along the wall so delegates can read them before they register. Isabelle is going to add step-by-step instructions on how to make the T-Shirt bags into the Delegate Manual.

Delegate Manual: The Delegate Manual as well as the Skillbuilding Manual needs to be sent to Mount Saint Vincent University no later than November 1.

Conference Eve: Conference Eve occurs the evening before conference. It is a night of preparation for Cabinet where they do anything they need to get done for conference. It will be held at Mount Saint Vincent University on Friday, November 9 starting at 7:00pm. The main task is to put all of the items for the Delegate bags in the skillbuilding rooms. Isabelle suggested assigning rooms to Cabinet Members prior to Conference Eve. There will be a Potluck and Becca will make a post in the Facebook page for members of Cabinet to sign up to bring food. The Co-Premiers will have a list of what to do at Conference Eve, but each individual position is asked to make their own to-do list.

T-Shirt Bags: Qendresa wanted to know how many shirts the Cabinet has to make the T-Shirt bags. Cabinet will be receiving shirts from Alex LeBlanc, Lorne Abramson, and Eliza Nobes. If Cabinet does not have enough shirts, Lorne has offered to donate bags from Diabetes Canada.

Motion of Adjournment: Ella motioned to adjourn the meeting, Bleona seconded said motion. Motion passed, meeting adjourned.

Date of the Next Meeting: Sunday, November 4