Sou’West Regional Cabinet Meeting – September 9, 2018

 

Location: 27 Shreve St, Digby, NS

 

Time of Commencement: 15:14

 

Time of Adjournment: 17:00

 

Duration: 1 hour and 46 minutes

 

Attendance

 

Present Voting members: Jacqueline Tan, Addie Hersey, Mackenzie Robinson-Jordan, Payton Tupper, Owen Wood, Reem Eissa, Emma Hiltz, Olivia Walker, Natalie Baker, Olivia Cook, Zoe Marshall, Libby Graham, Tate Vachon, Bronwyn Inness

 

Present Non-Voting Members: Amber Jelfs, Michelle Talbot

 

Regrets: Jayde Corkum

 

No Shows: N/A

 

Updates

 

Co-Premiers: The date of the Junior Conference must be changed due to a conflict with timing. An email with deadlines will be sent out, with the times adapting to the new date of the Junior Conference.

 

Skillbuilding Co-Chairs: An outline of the skillbuilding manual has been made, as well as the outline of the skillbuilding retreat. The date of the skillbuilding retreat is October 14th from 12:30 to 15:00. The skillbuilding sessions at Junior Conference have also been discussed and the focus for each session has been decided. The Skillbuilding Co-Chairs must think of creative names for each skillbuilding group, relating to the theme of the conference. The Skillbuilding Co-Chairs must also create questions for the skillbuilding manuals and send them to the 3-Tions as soon as possible.

 

WENDYs: Some costumes for the talent show have been found. WENDYs need to get the list of NSSSA cheers, which the co-premiers will look into finding. WENDYs also need to start looking into games for EPIC and create a talent show sign up list.

 

3-tions: All forms have to be made and sent to be put on the website by September 17th. Junior Conference forms, including delegate, advisor, alumni and skillbuilder forms are due on October 2nd. The final refund date for Junior Conference is October 12th. Skillbuilding Co-Chairs will send the questions for the skillbuilding forms as soon as possible.

 

Public Relations: Sponsorships and donations were looked into. Public Relations should contact Amber White to get information on last years’ sponsorships. The donation letter must be written and sent out by September 21st. The Welcoming Co-Chairs will send photos of cabinet members and the cabinet members’ answers to the delegate manual questions as soon as possible.

 

Welcoming Co-Chairs: The Junior Conference welcoming email must be drafted and sent to the Co-Premiers by September 20th. Emails need to be sent to the Sou’West cabinet asking for a photo of each member and answers to questions for the delegate manual. This information will then need to be given to Public Relations. More yarn is needed to make fuzzies.

 

Head School Representatives: The Head School Representatives have checked in with Amber. Schools need to be divided up in each representatives’ area and an email needs to be drafted to be sent to schools once the Junior Event forms are up on the NSSSA website.

 

Secretary: An email has been sent to First Choice Sportswear about quotes for both conference and cabinet wear. The shirt order must go out October 3rd at the latest.

 

Food Co-Chair: Donations for apples and granola bars are needed. All receipts must be saved. Water was discussed and many cabinet members have camping jugs that they can bring in. More than one is needed.

 

New Business

 

Junior Conference: The new date of the junior conference was discussed. It was decided that the conference will now be held on October 20th. The cabinet also discussed whether or not to have speakers at the junior conference. It was decided that there would be speakers and this will be looked into further. The cabinet decided on orange t-shirts with a white logo for the Junior Conference (Senior Conference t-shirts will be white with an orange logo). The cost of the junior conference will be $35.

 

Conference Names: Conference names were further discussed and decided upon. A unanimous vote chose “Spark” as the name of the junior conference and “Ignite” as the name of the senior conference. Natalie has offered to design a logo for the conference t-shirts in accordance with the names.

 

Location: The location of the Junior Conference has yet to be decided. This will be decided by Thursday, September 13th. Emails are currently being sent out to schools.

 

Meeting Changes: The original meeting of October 7th, will now be held on October 14th from 15:00 to 17:00 in the Digby Arena. This will be the last meeting before the Junior Event. The date for the meeting on October 21st has also changed and will now be held directly after the Junior Event on October 20th.

 

Skillbuilding Retreat: The skillbuilding retreat will be held before the October 14th meeting. It will be from 12:30 to 15:00 in the Digby Arena.

 

Budget: The budget has been discussed and decided upon.

 

Adjournment: Natalie Baker motioned to adjourn this meeting. Bronwyn Inness seconded this motion. Motion passed, meeting adjourned.

 

The next regional cabinet meeting for Sou’West will be held September 23rd at 15:00 in the Digby Arena.