NSSSA Minutes From:
Strait Regional Cabinet Meeting
Location: 1958 Ohio West Rd, Antigonish County
Time of Commencement: 6:07pm
Time of Adjournment: 7:07pm
Duration: 1 hour
Present Voting Members: Sara Murrin, Aidan Doucet, Emma Jewkes, Aaron Martell, Jack Clapperton, Angus Kennedy, Will Bowie, Avery LeLievre, Logan Fox, Madison Harpell
Present Non-Voting Members: Dawn Thompson, Zac Foran, Mullen Boulter, Patrick Wallace, Jonas Lawrence
Regrets: Maria MacDonald, Kara MacDougall, Avery MacDonald, Sophie Lawrence, Sam Silver, Monica Lumsden, Margaret Ann Gillis, Peter Woo, Tiffany MacLennan, Selena Laundry, Rebecca MacKeen
No Shows: Christina Nickerson, Meagan Kettley
Welcoming Co Chairs:
- Logan found a woman in Sydney with lots of yarn.
- Has an outline ready to post in local buy and sells.
- Reading the Cheer Bible every day.
- Looking for costumes.
Head School Representatives:
- Internal: Outline for principal database.
- Finished presentation and database excluding some minor details.
- External: Locating reps throughout the region and creating the database for them.
Skill Building Co Chairs:
- Kara is in Germany.
- Going over older manuals to prepare for next year.
- Aaron updated old forms and received old databases.
- Keeping people safe and no D’s.
- Been in contact with two speakers: Buhle Dlamini from South Africa, based in Pictou, and similar to Pastor Lennett. Calling with him soon, he’s in Namibia right now.
- Dave Carroll, local musician. Artist of song “United Breaks Guitars”.
- Worked on itineraries for Grade 9 and Regional events.
- In contact with SAERC for Grade 9 event.
- No dates until weekends are free.
- Every position was given timelines to follow.
- Emailed, baked, and beached.
- Conference Names
- Cabinet decided to table discussion as there was no quorum, there was not much to discuss, and previously they did not come to a clean conclusion.
- Cabinet got together with their partners to look at the timelines.
- They looked at important dates and tasks.
- Sara emphasized the definition of a deadline.
- Registration and Events Dates
- ALL DATES ARE TENTATIVE.
- September 17th would be the opening of registration for Grade 9 event, and registration would close September 29th.
- Grade 9 event happening October (possibly the 15th).
- Goal to open registration for Regionals on the day of Grade 9 event.
- Registration will close November 3rd for Regionals.
- November 25th and 26th are the dates for Regional Conference, refund date on the 18th of that month.
- Whose House Shirts
- Discussion broke about the Whose House shirts. Ideas about selling and pre ordering Whose House shirts at conference.
- RC Clothing
- Decision between crew-necks and quarter zips.
- Possible colours are a type of purple, heather green, and navy.
- Bucket hats are also a possibility.
- Meeting Venues
- Emma Jewkes, Logan Fox, Jack Clapperton, Will Bowie, Avery MacDonald.
- Will motions to Adjourn the meeting.
- Jack seconds this motion.
The next meeting will be held at TBA on Sunday, August, 27th at TBA.