NSSSA Minutes From:
Strait Regional Cabinet Meeting
Location: 1958 Ohio West Rd, Antigonish County
Time of Commencement: 6:06pm
Time of Adjournment: 8:19pm
Duration: 1 hour and 30 minutes
Present Voting Members: Avery MacDonald, Sara Murrin, Maria MacDonald, Madison Harpell, Rebecca MacKeen, Logan Fox, Monica Lumsden, Margaret Ann Gillis, Emma Jewkes, Aaron Martell, Sam Silver, Jack Clapperton, Angus Kennedy, Will Bowie
Present Non-Voting Members: Selena Landry, Peter Woo, Jonas Lawrence, Cameron Muise, Alex Leblanc, Gordon Burns
Regrets: Dawn Thompson, Kara MacDougall, Tiffany MacLennan, Aidan Doucet, Avery Lelievre, Sophie Lawrence, Meagan Kettley
- Do your job to the best of your ability.
- Attend all meetings.
- Be a leader.
- Work out any problems with your partner(s) efficiently and professionally, communication is very important.
- If problems can’t be resolved talk to our Co-premiers, Avery and Sara, or our Regional Advisor, Dawn.
- Resolve any problems well before conferences.
- Positional tasks will have deadlines that must be met on time.
- Don’t procrastinate.
- Meetings will almost always be on a Sunday evening (polls will be made prior to meetings to determine the exact time).
- Three strike rule (three strikes and you can be impeached)
- If you’re a no show (knowing about a meeting and not showing up).
- Inappropriate social media (alcohol or other illegal substances in photos, swear words, political statements, negative posts).
- General misconduct (not doing your job, not interacting with cabinet members well).
- Always answer emails within 48 hours of receiving it.
- Someone will be sending an email before each meeting with location details and asking for attendance (you must answer regardless of if you’re going or not).
- All emails you send that have to do with the NSSSA must have Dawn, Sara, Avery, and your partner cc’d in it.
- All emails that have to be sent outside of Regional Cabinet must be sent to Dawn, Sara, and Avery to be looked over and edited before being sent out.
- Don’t send emails to businesses after 7pm.
- Signatures must be written exactly how the template looks in the welcoming email.
- Format of an email: greeting (hello, hi, then mrs. or mr. name), text (what you want to say/ask), closing (all the best, thank you, talk soon).
- Always have a subject that relates to your email.
- November 25th-26th is our booked date for Regional Conference.
- October 14th is our potential date for Grade 9 Event.
- Training Retreat
- July 22nd-23rd is our mandatory training retreat at Saint Francis Xavier University.
- Registration is from 11am-12pm.
- We will sleep on the floor in Bloomfield.
- Bring things to take notes, a laptop if possible, and snacks.
Meeting paused at 7:17pm for supper.
Meeting resumes at 8:00pm.
- Possible Conference Names
- G.R.O.O.V.Y. (growing real opportunities in our various youth)
- Discussion tabled.
- RC Clothing
- Last year RC purchased quarter zips, “Our House” t-shirts, and bucket hats.
- We can do another order of bucket hats for the people without them.
- We could sell “Our House” t-shirts as a fundraiser.
- We could have a design a t-shirt contest.
- Our options for RC apparel are: quarter zips, hoodies, jackets, vests, cardigans, crewnecks.
- Discussion tabled.
- Sara motioned to adjourn the meeting
- Monica seconded this motion