NSSSA Minutes From:
Strait Regional Cabinet Meeting
Location: 5555 Union Pl, Antigonish
Time of Commencement: 4:34pm
Time of Adjournment: 5:30pm
Duration: 56 minutes
Present Voting Members: Noor Mohrez, Molly Vokey, Monica Lumsden, Jack Clapperton, Payton MacMillan, Maddie Ehler, Emma Jukes, Kinnon Wallace, Tessa Pelrine, Ria Jurrlink, Sam Silver, Mathew MacEachern, Kara MacDougall, Wamfa Kumoung, Angus Kennedy, Margaret Ann Gillis
Present Non-Voting Members: Logan Fox, Avery LeLièvre, Will Bowie, Dawn Thompson, Paddy Wallace
Regrets: Zac Foran, Aidan Doucet, Katelynn Libbus
- Completed database.
Skill Building Co-Chairs:
- Finialized skillbuilder partners.
- Prepared for retreat.
- Held successful retreat.
- Collecting SB materials.
- Finished up visiting businesses
- Received monetary donations from Guysborough.
- Organized how-to sessions and booths.
- Practiced cheers.
- Making a setlist of cheers for G.R.O.O.V.E.
- Making a costume database.
Head School Reps:
- Sorted out refunds for delegates.
- Organized final delegate number after refunds were processed.
- Communicated conference details with reps.
- Attached the itinerary PDF to the welcoming email and is ready to be sent out.
- Finished organizing fuzzies.
- Made a playlist for the welcoming activity.
- Made a backup plan for welcoming activity incase delegates get bored of fuzzying.
- Sent out November 4th’s meeting minutes.
- Posted minutes.
- Regional t-shirts are ready and will be shipped to Antigonish this week.
- Had meeting with StFX
- Discussed food options and prices. Decided on lasagna ($8.93) for lunch, turkey dinner ($13.50) for supper and meal hall breakfast ($8.26).
- Talked about GeoFilter will be putting St.FX’s logo in it. NSSSA will be covering the cost of the filter.
- Marry Jessie will be opening at our conference and Kevin speaking at closing ceremonies.
- Secured the package on skillbuilding manuals.
- Delegate manuals were printed without St.FX’s logo, but inserts of St.FX’s will be printed and added to the delegate manuals.
- Found another advisor from Dr.J.
- Contract from St.FX will be finalised after a few details are clarified.
- Found second delegate assistant.
- Organized refunds.
- Deposited several cheques.
Head First Aid:
- Picked up medications and donated supplies for conference.
Head Mental Health First Aid:
- Finished advisor lists and SB groups.
- The following cabinet members must remember to bring these particular props for the EPIC vines.
- Croissant- Wamfa.
- Road work ahead sign, avocado, trays, fake rat- Emma.
- Blue denim shirt- Monica
- Potato, beet – Kinnon
- Chicken suit- Margaret Ann
- Sunglasses- Kara
- Spiderman suit- Josh (not on cabinet)
- Need paper and cue cards for sessions.
- Cabinet is asked to search for as many cue cards as they can find.
- 5 workshops are confirmed- Showtime, The Highland Bike Shop, Credit union, belly dancing, dance with Maureen Fraser, and university prep.
- How-to booths include; how to fuzzy, juggle, wendy, glow, facepainting, positive messages, magnetic-poetry-rapping, how-to apply for RC/skillbuilding, photobooth.
- People running booths must make posters for booths.
Media contest prizes:
- Travel mugs, bags, and pizza coupons will be given to contest winners.
Reminders for cabinet:
- Make packing list for conference to ensure nothing important is forgotten.
- Start turn over package for your position early to remember key pointers.
- Monica motioned that delegates who have requested a refund will be replaced by delegates who missed the form deadline.
- Cabinet was unanimously in favour to the motion.
- Motion was passed.
Adjournment: Sam motioned to adjourn the meeting. Kara seconded the motion. Meeting was adjourned.