NSSSA Minutes From:
Strait Regional Cabinet Meeting
Location: 35 D-24 Rd, Antigonish County
Time of Commencement: 4:18pm
Time of Adjournment: 5:49pm
Duration: 1 hour 31 minutes
Present Voting Members: Maria MacDonald, Will Bowie, Kara MacDougall, Avery MacDonald, Logan Fox, Emma Jewkes, Sam Silver, Margaret Ann Gillis, Sophie Lawrence, Angus Kennedy, Sara Murrin, Rebecca MacKeen, Madison Harpell,
Present Non-Voting Members: Dawn Thompson, Jonas Lawrence
Regrets: Avery LeLievre, Jack Clapperton, Aidan Doucet, Aaron Martell, Monica Lumsden, Peter Woo, Tiffany MacLennan, Selena Landry
No Shows: Meagan Kettley, Christina Nickerson
- Ordered headsets for conference.
- Sent several invoices to the Finance Team.
- Sent manuals to St.FX for printing.
- Scheduled a meeting with the Event Coordinator this Wednesday – will talk about food pricing, delegate bags and the sponsorship.
- Attended the PC meeting.
- Received an email from Meagan saying she might not be able to come to Skillbuilding Retreat to give the mental health presentation.
- If she can’t, she’ll do it the morning of conference at the Skillbuilder meeting.
- Busy entering forms into the database in preparation for Regionals.
- 154 people in the database so far.
- Filmed and edited the welcoming video.
- Waiting on the emails of delegates to send the welcoming email and packing list.
- Working on organizing the fuzzies.
- Received more Skillbuilding applications.
- Now have more than enough applicants for the amount of Skillbuilders needed. May still be receiving more applicants.
- Sent out confirmation email to all applicants.
- Started going through applications.
- 5 Skillbuilders will be cut, and the group number will increase to 15.
- Rebecca made the ad page and put it in the Delegate Manual.
- The Delegate Manual is completely finished and has been sent off.
- Sophie has continued to make lots of posts on social media.
- Sam has confirmed all How-Tos and added a new How-To as well on non-judgemental listening. Now there are 12.
- Edited and sent out the minutes.
- Posted them on the website.
- Emailed back and forth with First Choice regarding t-shirt order.
- Ross Screenprint first said the order was good to go, but then emailed me saying they didn’t have the hats.
- Bucket Hat order is on standby. At this point, they wouldn’t be ready for conference anyway.
Head School Reps:
- Still awaiting Dalbrae forms.
- Trying to figure out what went wrong with this.
- Wrote reference letters.
- Worked on report cards.
- Needs advisor list.
- Picked a team of 7 chaps.
- Picked the Logistics Team and have informed those who were successful and those who were not!
Head First Aid:
Head Mental Health First Aid:
- November 19th
- 2pm: Skillbuilding Retreat, RC can come early, St.FX is booked for 1pm.
- 5pm: Meeting
- Deadlines and Timeline
- Don’t let things pile up.
- All work in the timeline should be done by the date, not on the date.
- Items to Give Away
- Alan Syliboy painting: Keynote Speaker.
- 6 Subway coupons – Chaps.
- Hand lotion: Delegate Bags.
- 4 Mother Web’s jars with coupons inside: Social Media Contest Winners.
- 15 duffle bags: Advisors.
- 15 McDonald’s, 15 Dairy Queen, and 150 A&W coupons: Delegate Bags.
- 2 Boston Pizza coupons: Contest Winners.
- 1 Pizza Delight coupon: Contest Winners
- 1 $25 gift certificate to The Wheel – Chaps.
- We will see if Alex can make a Snapchat Geofilter for conference.
- It will be of the conference logo.
- Switch of the Logistics and Chaps
- Logistics and Chaps will switch right after supper.
- Logistics will do line of sight to Skillbuilding Session #4 and after this, Chaps take over and will do attendance at this session.
- Sara motions to adjourn the meeting.
- Sophie seconds this motion.
The next meeting will take place at 5:00pm at the Council Chambers, St.FX, on November 19th, 2017.