NSSSA Minutes From:
Strait Regional Cabinet Meeting
Location: 1 Harbour view court
Time of Commencement: 5:08pm
Time of Adjournment: 6:03pm
Duration: 55 minutes
Present Voting Members: Payton MacMillan, Maddie Ehler, Margaret Ann Gillis, Kara MacDougall, Kinnon Wallace, Sam Silver, Wamfa Kumdoung, Monica Lumsden, Jack Clapperton, Mathew McEachern, Tessa Pelrine, Angus Kennedy, Aidan Doucet, Ria Juurlink, Emma Jukes, Noor Mohrez, Molly Vokey
Present Non-Voting Members: Dawn Thompson, Will Bowie, Logan Fox, Katelynn Libbus, Avery LeLièvre
Regrets: Paddy Wallace, Zac Foran
- Entered more forms into the database.
- Started assigning delegates to advisors.
Skill Building Co-Chairs:
- Finalized G.R.O.O.V.E skillbuilding manual.
- Selected skillbuilders.
- Sent confirmation email to skillbuilders.
- Creating list of materials needed for SB sessions.
- Delegate manual was finalized and sent to St.FX to be printed.
- Received 200 Tim Hortons coupons.
- Received donations from Boston Pizza this week.
- Finished EPIC.
- Practiced cheers.
Head School Reps:
- Helped Kara and the co-premiers finalize the G.R.O.O.V.E. shirt order.
- Contacted all reps to make sure all forms were sent to 3-tions.
- Completed the packing list and made into a PDF document.
- Completed the welcoming email and is ready to send out.
- Counted and organised fuzzies.
- Sent out minutes from October 28th’s meeting.
- Post minutes on NSSSA website.
- Finalized G.R.O.O.V.E shirt numbers and sent them to First Choice.
- Been in touch with Rebecca Mesay via email and phone call. She is confirmed as our speaker.
- Set up a meeting with Sodexo and event coordinators.
- Placed and confirmed order for Radios and headsets with Bell.
- Reviewed Sponsorship applications.
- Helped to finalize T shirt order.
- Helped to select Skillbuilder pairs.
- Selected Nov 24th as potential date for open house. In contact with Mary Jessie.
- Working on arrangements for driving students who struggle with walking long distances.
- Selected one DA for a delegate.
- Booked dance studio for advisor sleeping space.
- Arranged delegate refunds.
Head First Aid:
Head Mental Health First Aid:
- Looking for another mental health first aid for conference.
- Edited delegate and skillbuilding manuals.
- Edited packing list and welcoming email.
- Organized advisors for delegates from outside regions.
- Have one DA for G.R.O.O.V.E, cabinet is looking for another.
- Cabinet was reminded to send booth idea to the PRs for the how-to fair ASAP.
StFX Open House
- The StFX open house for NSSSA cabinets will mostly likely be held on November 24th. Cabinet is encouraged to attend.
- Wendy’s picked out 13 vines to be recreated during EPIC. Each stationed skillbuilder will have a prop that correlates to their specific vine.
- Initially, groups will try to guess each vine in order to begin recreating it. If the group is unable to guess the vine, they will play a short game or challenge in order to watch the vine and then continue to recreate it.
- Groups try to guess first, if they can’t get it they have to play a short game to watch vine
- The vines will be marked on creativity, rated out of 3 points.
- If there is tie, groups points will be awarded for the amount of vines completed.
- Is on Saturday, November 10th.
- Cabinet should level out with non-cabinet member skill buildings during retreat.
- A mandatory meeting will be after the retreat.
- Rebecca Mesay is coming to do a short run-through of her speech with RC between retreat and meeting.
Meeting with St.FX
- Co-premiers are having a meeting with StFX to discuss meal hall bracelets, meal prices, and driving arrangements during conference for physically restricted delegates. They will also discuss a geofilter for conference. The geofilter design will be finalized this week.
Adjournment: Sam motioned to adjourn the meeting. Angus seconded the motion. Meeting was adjourned.