NSSSA Minutes From:
Strait Regional Cabinet Meeting
Location: 32 Colin Boyd Lane, Antigonish
Time of Commencement: 4:07pm
Time of Adjournment: 5:43pm
Duration: 1 hour, 36 minutes
Present Voting Members: Zac Foran, Paddy Wallace, Kegan Palmer, Donald Jewkes, Travis Grace, Cameron Muise, Will Bowie, Alex LeBlanc, George LeBlanc, Maria MacDonald, Logan Fox, Avery MacDonald, Emma MacDougall, Sam Silver, Monica Lumsden, Sara Murrin, Kara MacDougall.
Present Non-Voting Members: Dawn Thompson, Meagan Kettley, Gordon Burns, Peter Woo.
Regrets: Jonas Lawrence, Julia Lawrence, Tiffany MacLennan, Mackenzie Casey.
- Finished putting all of RC’s forms into the database.
- Are now beginning to receive forms from schools, and will be putting them in the database all week.
Skill Building Co-Chairs:
- Finalized the manual.
- Have received the Skillbuilding applications and will start choosing skillbuilders once all applications are in.
- Received $100 each from Canadian Tire and Ron MacGillivray for advertisements.
- Received 200 coupons from A&W in exchange for advertisement.
- Confirmed How-To for Junior Achievement Nova Scotia, “How-To Pitch”.
- Spoke with Maureen Fraser. She is willing to do a How-to again this year.
- Emailed MADD Antigonish, Jack.org StFX , John Garth, big brothers big sisters, mental health clinician, naomi society, Erin for consent culture, and Jessica for BCU.
- Delegate manual is complete.
Public Relations Promotions:
- Received confirmation from Inverness Oran about doing an interview.
- Sent a follow up email to 101.5 the hawk about an ad tailored to regional conference.
- Speaking with webmaster about a geofilter for L.I.F.T. U.P. 2016.
- Promoted our regional conference via social media.
- Finished planning Epic. Now just waiting for groups to sort the activities.
- Studied cheers for regional conference.
- Have the dance theme chosen.
- Have the script for Epic-not written out yet.
- Continuing to collect costumes.
Head School Reps:
- All of the school representatives (except CBHA) have the forms in along with the the t-shirt sizes.
- All forms should be in the mail.
- Finished the welcoming email for L.I.F.T. U.P.
- Continuing to make more fuzzies.
- Welcoming activity explanation will be written out or documented.
- Sent out minutes to Regional Cabinet.
- Received the final number and sizes for the conference t-shirts.
- Contacted Steve Smith and placed the order for t-shirts at First Choice Sportswear.
- Posted October 30th minutes to the website.
- Created the budget. Looking at 19.5%.
- Sponsored 18 students to go to conference.
- Tareq Hadhad sent back his contract, and it was signed on both ends. He is our confirmed keynote speaker.
- Will be signing the contract with St.FX sometime this upcoming week.
- Skillbuilding manual and delegate manuals were reviewed and will be sent to St.FX soon.
- Attended PC meeting yesterday (November 5th).
- Sent the L.I.F.T. U.P. 2016 itinerary to Regional Cabinet.
- Picked Logistics team, there will be Jonas and Gordon plus 7 logistics. This is one less than last year. They will be notified in the coming days of their selection, along with guidelines for their responsibilities.
- Also booked the walkie talkies for conference. Booked 12 with headsets and 3 channels, which will be picked up/dropped off by Peter Woo.
- Have all the chaperones that are required for this conference.
Head First Aid:
- Have 3 additional first aids.
Head Mental Health First Aid:
- Almost have the Mental Health First Aid team ready for conference; so far Micci Davy will be joining Meagan. Asked a variety of alumni but most of them will only receive training the weekend after conference so I’m still working on finding a third person for the team.
- Discussed having a quiet sleeping room for the delegates/skillbuilders who do not feel comfortable sleeping in the conference rooms with all other delegates/skillbuilders.
- Solved some problems regarding registration and advisors, specifically for Richmond and Pomquet.
In regards to the regional conference itinerary, each RC member should know where to be, what they are doing, and when. Everyone should also be clear on what they are doing for next week in preparation for regionals.
Position Tasks for the Week:
For each new positional task, refer to the timeline.