NSSSA Minutes From:

Strait Regional Cabinet Meeting

20171001

 

Location: St. FX Council Chambers

Time of Commencement: 3:07pm

Time of Adjournment: 4:09pm

Duration: 1 hour 2 minutes

 

Attendance:

Present Voting Members: Maria MacDonald, Madison Harpell, Avery LeLievre, Jack Clapperton, Aidan Doucet, Monica Lumsden, Margaret-Ann Gillis, Kara MacDougall, Will Bowie, Emma Jewkes, Angus Kennedy, Aaron Martell, Rebecca MacKeen, Sam Silver, Sophie Lawrence, Avery MacDonald, Sara Murrin

Present Non-Voting Members: Dawn Thompson, Peter Woo, Tiffany MacLennan, Selena Landry, Jonas Lawrence, Zac Foran, Meagan Kettley

Regrets: Logan Fox, Christina Nickerson,

No Shows:

 

Updates:

 

Co-Premiers:

 

  • Acted as School Reps at the Regional.
  • Promoted Grade 9 Event.
  • Collected forms on Thursday.
  • Continued with positional check-ins.
  • Received contract from the Keynote Speaker for Regionals.
  • The speaker is also doing a How-To.

 

3-tions:

 

  • Filling in the database.
  • Starting to receive P.E.A.C.E. forms.
  • Have forms from most schools.
  • There are enough advisors.

 

Welcoming Co-Chairs:

 

  • Made more fuzzies: 140-150 total.
  • Completed Grade 9 Welcoming Event.
  • 10 groups of 10 flags made.

 

Skillbuilding Co-Chairs:

 

  • Had Skillbuilding Retreat for Grade 9 Event.
  • Made Skillbuilding partners.
  • Only one session left for Regionals to make.
  • Need blindfolds for Skillbuilding activities for grade 9 event
  • RC members should talk to their partners about who’s going to bring what for SB supplies.
  • Avery L. will provide hula hoops.

 

PR:

 

  • Visited ¾ business locations.
  • Receiving more donations and coupons.
  • Delegate Manual is done.
  • Writing up all of the contest posts, most are done.

 

Secretary:

 

  • Edited and sent out the minutes.
  • Contact First Choice Sportswear regarding Regional Conference shirts as well as bucket hats for RC members.
  • Bucket hats will cost $21.90 each.

 

Head School Reps:

 

Internal:

 

  • Made sure School Reps were doing their job correctly.

External:

 

  • More presentations were given this week.
  • Started booking dates to go back into the schools to give the Regional Conference Presentation, and will be sending out an email to all schools this week asking for another date for those that have not given one.
  • Presentations in Richmond and Beauport are Monday.
  • Had call with Jeremy, everything’s going well.
  • Interest for P.E.A.C.E is looking good in the majority of schools.

 

Wendy:

 

  • Finished Epic.
  • Studying Cheer Bible.
  • Have idea and Epic skit ready for Regionals.
  • Talked to RC about their Epic games for Grade 9 Event.
  • Updated the costume database.
  • Completed Cheer Set List for Grade 9 Event.

 

Regional Advisor:

 

  • Edited more stuff.
  • Hosted a fundraiser meal on the Inservice day at school.
  • Talked up the NSSSA to the staff at Guysborough Academy.
  • Wrote the RC video script.

 

Head Chaps:

 

  • On the Logistics team for Grade 9 Event.
  • Excited to keep people safe.
  • Jonas is doing a How-To for Regionals.

 

Head Logistics:

 

  • Got the Head Chaps to be Logistics for Grade 9 Event.

 

Head First Aid:

 

  • Has two fellow nursing students who have agreed to be on the First Aid Team for the Grade 9 Event.

 

Head Mental Health First Aid:

 

  • Tried to find people for Mental Health First Aid for Grade 9 Event, people aren’t available.
  • One of the First Aids has their MHFA, so they can work as both.
  • Has people who agreed to come to Regional Conference as Mental Health First Aid.

 

New Business:

 

 

  • Promotion for Grade 9 Event Discussion:

 

  • Went well at Dr. J, Guysborough, St. Mary’s, and SAERC.
  • Not so great for CBHA, Inverness, and NDA.

 

 

  • Improving Promotion for Regional Conference Discussion:

 

  • Have posters and pamphlets at schools.
  • Better promotion on social media.
  • Ask grade 10s to get involved in promotion.
  • Promotional video, testimonials.

 

 

  • Grade 9 Event Discussion:

 

  • Arrival time is between 8am-8:30am.
  • Positional Itineraries have been shared with RC.
  • For Epic, when the WENDYs go on stage, the rest of RC will change into costumes and get ready for their games.
  • Bring a packed lunch.
  • Half of cabinet will set up their booths for how tos during the wendy time.
  • Near end of lunch, the other half of RC members will set up their tables for How-Tos.
  • Take pictures of your Skillbuilding classroom before things are moved so things can be put back exactly the way they should be.

 

 

  • Debrief, Meeting, Potluck, and RC video:

 

  • October 15th, 3pm at Maria’s house.
  • Dawn wrote a wonderful script.
  • RC members are asked to read the script prior to this day to be prepared.

 

 

  • Skillbuilding Manuals:

 

  • Skillbuilders are asked to bring a paper copy, phones should not be used.
  • Using phones can be distracting and doesn’t look as professional.

 

Motion:

 

  • Sara motions to adjourn the meeting.
  • Monica seconds this motion.