NSSSA Minutes From:
Strait Regional Cabinet Meeting
Location: 4203 Antigonish Guysborough Road
Time of Commencement: 4:19pm
Time of Adjournment: 5:01pm
Duration: 42 minutes
Present Voting Members: Maria MacDonald, Avery MacDonald, Sara Murrin, Logan Fox, Sophie Lawrence, Madison Harpell, Kara MacDougall, Monica Lumsden, Jack Clapperton, Margaret Ann Gillis, Emma Jewkes, Aidan Doucet, Sam Silver, Angus Kennedy, Aaron Martell, Avery LeLievre, Rebecca MacKeen
Present Non-Voting Members: Dawn Thompson
Regrets: Will Bowie, Jonas Lawrence, Meagan Kettley, Peter Woo, Selena Landry, Tiffany MacLennan, Christina Nickerson
- Working on Keynote Speaker contract, have some changes to make regarding the cancellation deadline.
- Prepared for Grade 9 Event.
- Made 77% profit margin.
- Finished up the P.E.A.C.E. database.
- Made some final changes to the P.L.E.D.G.E. forms
- Had a great time at P.E.A.C.E.
- Made the Grade 9 Event packing list and sent out the email.
- Had a very successful Grade 9 Welcoming Activity with the flags.
- Making progress with the packing list for Regionals
- Total fuzzy count is 170!
Task: Work on packing list for Regionals
- Made sure Skillbuilders were ready for Grade 9 Event the days leading up to it and day of it.
Task: Have the whole Skillbuilding Manual for Regionals done by next weekend.
- Sophie went to more businesses.
- Sam got an email back from Lisa Lawrence regarding How-Tos.
- The Keynote Speaker is doing a How-To.
- All donation locations have been visited.
Task: Check on the Delegate Manual to make sure it’s ready to go. Have all potential donors confirm. Keep promoting on social media.
- Edited and sent out minutes to RC.
- Posted the minutes on the website.
- Received a size chart from First Choice Sportswear for the bucket hats.
- Still waiting on $21.90 bucket hat payment from many RC members.
Head School Reps:
- Sent an email to School Reps reminding them to have a meeting with their grade 9 delegates.
- Sent positional update to Jeremy.
- Made up the draft email for conference registration and presentation dates to send out to the principals and sending it to those who have not booked a date yet.
- The first set of conference presentations are on Tuesday at NDA and St. Mary’s.
Task: Get in contact with principals.
- Went over cheers and made setlist for the cheers.
- The idea for Regionals Epic has been decided.
Task: Pick dance theme by next weekend, get costumes done in the next 2 weeks.
Head First Aid:
Head Mental Health First Aid:
- Preparing and Promoting for Regionals:
- Have more personal conversations with students about the NSSSA.
- If you have questions, ask Madison or Avery L.
- Ask the grade 9s to tell people about their great experience at Grade 9 Event.
- Forms are on the website, promote!
- Sponsorship Opportunity:
- Trying to give as many sponsorships as possible.
- Make sure this is promoted.
- St.FX Recruitment Opportunity:
- No Strait RC members could go to the Open House on Saturday, October 14th, because of the Grade 9 Event.
- Everyone on any NSSSA cabinet is invited to attend a private open house on October 21st at 3pm, more information will be given soon.
- Discussion on Sleeping Arrangements at Regional Conference:
- In the past things have worked, therefore nothing will be changed.
- Male area, female area, private zone, and advisor room.
- Avery motioned to adjourn the meeting.
- Jack seconded the motion.