NSSSA Minutes From:
Strait Regional Cabinet Meeting
Location: 1 Triton Brook Court, Antigonish.
Time of Commencement: 6:13pm
Time of Adjournment: 7:42pm
Duration: 1 hour, 29 minutes
Present Voting Members: Zac Foran, Paddy Wallace, Avery MacDonald, Monica Lumsden, Sara Murrin, Emma MacDougall, Cameron Muise, Kegan Palmer, George LeBlanc, Donald Jewkes, Kara MacDougall, Alex LeBlanc, Maria MacDonald, Logan Fox, Sam Silver, Mackenzie Casey.
Present Non-Voting Members: Peter Woo, Dawn Thompson, Gordon Burns.
Regrets: Travis Grace.
No-Shows: Jonas Lawrence, Tiffany MacLennan, Meagan Kettley, Julia Lawrence.
Late: Wilfred Bowie.
- Began receiving RC’s forms and entering them into the database.
- Will begin to register delegates once the forms are delivered to Kara.
- Added all of RCs forms that we have received to the database.
- Sent out a call out email to RC for those who didn’t give in their forms.
- Decided to split up the forms during tonight’s meeting and to give Alex his forms on Monday.
Skill Building Co-Chairs:
- Session 1 for regional conference is almost complete.
- In the process of fine-tuning sessions for S.M.I.L.E.
- For skillbuilding applications, will do the same as last year where the skillbuilding applications are attached to delegate forms.
- Started going around to businesses and spoke to about 5 a day.
- Going to follow up with some businesses later this week.
Public Relations Promotions:
- Received an email back from 101.5 the hawk. Will talk on the phone about promotions Monday evening.
- Made graphics for possible social media wall at S.M.I.L.E.
- Added grade 9’s from SAERC to the SMILE Facebook page.
- Could not find a 98.9 XFM contact.
- Finished the EPIC outline.
- Practiced and memorized cheers.
- Collected some costumes for S.M.I.L.E.
Head School Reps:
- All forms have been collected, and sent in.
- Have made more fuzzies.
- Started working on a packing list for grade nine event.
- Sent minutes out to RC.
- Posted minutes to website.
- Placed Regional Cabinet apparel order. Will be ready for pickup before October 15th.
- By the end of the week we will have confirmed everything and signed all papers will Janice Gough.
- Have not been signed an event coordinator for regionals yet.
- Are now looking to get Tareq, a Syrian refugee as a keynote speaker. The son of the owner of Peace by Chocolate in Antigonish.
- Peter Woo will be a logistic at grade 9 event.
- Chose Peter Woo and Tiffany as logistics.
- Held a staff dinner, made 100% profit which will go to those who worked at the dinner (toward provincials).
New ratio for advisors to delegates is 1 to 10.
Skillbuilding retreat for regionals will be on November 13th.
Before next meeting:
-Manuals must be printed.
-Supplies for each group should be bought or found.
-Pick the skillbuilding pairs for grade 9 event.
-Epic supplies bought or found. Decided on doctor costumes for RC (to go with the theme of epic).
-Epic must be completely planned.
Make sure to ask Paddy or Zac if you have any questions/comments/concerns regarding grade 9 event.
October 7th skillbuilding retreat will take place at StFX at 5 o’clock. Email will be sent with further details.
From there, RC will go to Julia Lawrence’s house, on Hawthorne Street. Directions will be sent out later. We will eat dinner, cooked by RC alumni, then have our RC meeting at her house. Paddy and Zac will also being doing personal-check ins this day.
So far, about 60 people going to grade 9 event. Not including ecole beau port, and richmond academy.
New Positional Tasks:
For each new positional task, refer to the timeline.