NSSSA Minutes From:
Strait Regional Cabinet Meeting
Location: 1 Harbour View Court, Antigonish
Time of Commencement: 4:07pm
Time of Adjournment: 5:27pm
Duration: 1 hr 20 minutes
Present Voting Members: Maria MacDonald, Aidan Doucet, Sam Sliver, Rebecca Mackeen, Monica Lumsden, Logan Fox, Sara Murrin, Aaron Martell, Madison Harpell, Margaret Ann Gillis, Will Bowie, Emma Jewkes, Avery MacDonald, Jack Clapperton, Sophie Lawrence
Present Non-Voting Members: Dawn Thompson, Selena Landry, Zac Foran
Regrets: Kara MacDougall, Tiffany MacLennan, Avery LeLievre
No Shows: Angus Kennedy, Jonas Lawrence, Meagan Kettley, Peter Woo, Christina Nickerson
- Sent the contract to St.FX.
- Awaiting approval of $1500 sponsorship.
- Will ask St.FX about promotional items for the delegate bags.
- RC video is still being edited by Alex.
- Attended the PC meeting.
- Promoted P.L.E.D.G.E. at school and prepared to start receiving forms.
- 190 fuzzies complete.
- Wrote the script for the Welcoming Video.
- Filming the Welcoming Video next weekend.
- Worked on the Skillbuilding Manual.
- Almost complete except for the debriefs.
- Made some posts on social media announcing P.L.E.D.G.E. and thanking grade 9s who attended P.E.A.C.E.
- Continued with contest posts.
- Looking for How-Tos.
- Collected more donations.
- Edited and sent on the minutes to RC.
- Posted the minutes on the NSSSA website.
- Collected bucket hat sizes and money from RC.
Head School Reps:
- Emailed School Reps with the forms for P.L.E.D.G.E. and explained when the forms need to be in.
- Emailed the School Reps again regarding them helping Avery set up dates for presentations in their schools.
- St. Mary’s and NDA’s presentations are completed and they both went well.
- Dates are booked for Beauport and Dalbrae on the 24th, Canso the 25th, and Cape Breton Highlands the 26th.
- Sent out the email regarding presentation dates to the principals in our region and some of them have replied to book their date.
- Will make sure all presentation dates for conference are finalized by the middle to the end of this week for early next week, as registration is quickly coming to a close.
- Chose the dance theme, “Outer Space”.
- Studied the Cheer Bible.
- Edited stuff, collected 2 forms already from Guysborough Academy.
- Did the Debrief write up and sent it to RC.
Head First Aid:
Head Mental Health First Aid:
- StFX Open House Recap
- Good turn out of Cabinet members.
- Promotion is extremely important in the next two weeks, and should be everyone’s main focus.
- Have one on one conversations with students, and talk about your personal experience with the NSSSA.
- Hand out physical forms rather than telling people the forms are online.
- Each school should pay for International Students to attend conference, as there are funds set aside.
- Our goal is 200 delegates!
- Contract from STFX
- There’s another event going on after 1pm on Sunday, November 26th at Schwartz Auditorium and Room 285 in the Schwartz building.
- The auditorium and this Skillbuilding room must be cleaned up right away at 12:00pm on Sunday.
- This must be made clear in the Skillbuilding manual, and Skillbuilders will be told this at the Skillbuilding meeting.
- Skillbuilding Debrief will be in the KMC.
- Mental Health First Aid
- The Mental Health First Aid talk that Meagan gave last year to RC prior to conference was very beneficial.
- This year, the talk should take place at the Skillbuilding Retreat so that all Skillbuilders are informed rather than just RC members.
- If the talk can’t take place at the Skillbuilding Retreat, it will happen at the Skillbuilding meeting on the morning of conference.
- Positional Timelines and Documents
- RC members are asked to make sure they’re updating the positional timelines.
- If a document is shared with the Co-Premiers and Dawn, make sure they know when it’s finished, so it can be checked over one last time.
- RC Member Sitting Out at Conference
- Skillbuilding Co-Chairs: Will and Kara
- Co-Premiers: Sara and Avery
- WENDYs: Monica and Jack
- Two 3-tions: Angus and Emma
- Shirt Colours for RC Alumni
- First Aid and Mental Health First Aid: Red
- Logistics and Chaperones: Safety Green
- Go Fund Me Page Discussion
- Discussion tabled.
- Fill the template database for Regionals with RC members.
- Prepare for the forms.
- Have the Packing List finished.
- Start working on the Welcoming Email.
- Finish the Skillbuilding Manual.
- Keep visiting businesses and collecting donations.
- Confirm How-Tos and find out what they need.
- Contact Steve regarding bucket hats.
Head School Reps:
- Send out an email to all principals with the forms.
- Epic should be completed and sent to the Co-Premiers and Dawn by Sunday.
- All costumes should be collected and accounted for.
- Sara motions to adjourn the meeting.
- Sophie seconded the motion.
The next meeting will be held at TBA at TBA on Sunday, October 29th.