NSSSA Minutes From:

Strait Regional Cabinet Meeting

20181028

 

Location: 45 Tamara drive, Antigonish

Time of Commencement:       5:07pm

Time of Adjournment:     6:22pm

Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes

Attendance:

Present Voting Members:       Wamfa Kumdoung, Maddie Ehler, Ria Juurlink, Mathew MacEachern, Angus Kennedy, Tessa Pelrine, Payton MacMillan, Aidan Doucet, Jack Clapperton, Margaret Ann Gillis, Sam Silver, Kinnon Wallace, Monica Lumsden, Kara MacDougall, Molly Vokey, Emma Jewkes, Noor Mohrez

Present Non-Voting Members: Dawn Thompson

Late:

Regrets: Zac Foran, Logan Fox, Wilfred Bowie, Paddy Wallace, Katelyn Libbus, Avery LeLièvre

No-Shows:

 

Updates:

3-Tions:

  • Collected forms.
  • Created a new database on google sheets.
  • Started entering forms into G.R.O.O.V.E database.

 

Skill Building Co-Chairs:

  • Currently working on session 5 and other “housekeeping” things in the manual’s introduction.
  • Backpocket games are complete.
  • Receiving SB applications and started reading them over.

 

Public Relations:

  • Checked-in with businesses about donations.
  • Made social media posts.
  • Got more confirmations about donations and how-tos.
  • Received confirmation about how-to’s for Highland Bike Shop and Showtime Fitness.

 

WENDY’s:

  • Studied the cheer bible.
  • Finalized the dance theme.
  • Worked on EPIC more .

Head School Reps:

  • Had presentation at CBHA.
  • Dropped off forms and posters at Inverness, Dalbrae and NDA.
  • Promoted at SAREC with Mackenzie.
  • Had a mini meeting with reps from SAREC and Dalbrae.
  • Met with Dalbrae principal.
  • Had check in with Amber.
  • Made a plan for dealing with the issue of Canada Post striking.
  • Collected forms from reps at all schools.
  • Created a database for shirt sizes.
  • Organized issues with Richmond.

 

Welcoming Co-Chairs:

  • Made more fuzzies.
  • Started putting fuzzies on cardboard for easier transportation.
  • Continued to work on packing list draft.

 

Secretary:

  • Sent out minutes to cabinet from the October 21st meeting.
  • Posted minutes on NSSSA website.

 

Co-Premiers:

  • Sponsorship application was released.
  • Promoted.
  • Conference fees for Dr.J international students are being covered by the school. Forms from these students were signed by Dr.J principal Jack MacDonald.
  • Emailed Bell Mobility about booking radios for conference.
  • Still trying to get a response from Rebecca Messay about being a keynote speaker.
  • Looking for one more advisor.

 

Head Logistics:

  • Picked logistics team for G.R.O.O.V.E.

 

Head Chaperones:

  • Chose chaperone team for G.R.O.O.V.E.

 

Head First Aid:

  • Gathered first aid team for G.R.O.O.V.E.

 

Head Mental Health First Aid:

  • Meagan Kettley will be at conference on the Saturday of G.R.O.O.V.E as a mental health first aid.

 

Regional Advisor:

  • Collected forms.
  • Organized advisors.

 

New Business:

 

 

Conference Numbers:

  • 156 delegates, including skillbuilders.
  • Sponsorship application was posted on the NSSSA website. At least four students can be sponsored.
  • Students who weren’t planning to attend conference are permitted to register late if they require a sponsorship.

 

G.R.O.O.V.E. How-To Fair/ Workshops:

  • Cabinet discussed the organizational details of the new style of how-tos.
  • As delegates register, 3-tions will write the delegates’ skillbuilding numbers on their bracelets. The PRs will then get the delegates to sign up for one workshop, with delegates from groups 1-6 signing up for the first round of workshops, and groups 7-13 signing up for the second round (or vice versa). The PRs will also write the room numbers that correspond with the how-to’s the delegates sign up for.
  • During how-to’s, one half of the SB groups will go to the how-to fair, while the other half will attend how-to workshops, then the groups will switch.
  • PR will tell the people running how-to’s come early to avoid confusion about room numbers.
  • Cabinet was reminded to email the PR’s about booth ideas for the how-to fair.

 

EPIC:

  • Will be vine themed.
  • Instead of running games, one SB in the partnership will stay with their group, while the other SB will stay in one area. The groups will moved around to the stationed SBs who will show them vines the groups must recreate and the other SB will film.
  • After the groups recreate the most vines they can, the videos will be sent to the Wendys.
  • The EPIC prize will be awarded to the group with the funniest and most creative fun recreations.

Adjournment: Monica motioned to adjourn the meeting. Kinnon seconded the motion. Meeting was adjourned.