NSSSA Minutes From:
Strait Regional Cabinet Meeting
Location: 1 Harbour View Court, Antigonish
Time of Commencement: 4:07pm
Time of Adjournment: 5:22pm
Duration: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Present Voting Members: Paddy Wallace, Zac Foran, Avery MacDonald, Monica Lumsden, Kara MacDougall, Will Bowie, Sam Silver, Mackenzie Casey, Emma MacDougall, Sara Murrin, Alex LeBlanc, George LeBlanc, Maria MacDonald.
Present Non-Voting Members: Dawn Thompson, Jonas Lawrence,
Regrets: Travis Grace, Tiffany MacLennan, Gordon Burns, Cameron Muise, Peter Woo, Julia Lawrence.
No-Shows: Meagan Kettley.
Late: Logan Fox (4:20pm), Kegan Palmer (4:33pm).
- Starting the L.I.F.T. U.P. database and have been putting in forms that we’ve received from RC.
Skill Building Co-Chairs:
- The rough draft of skillbuilding manual is almost complete.
- Will draft a rejection email soon.
- Received 4 Boston Pizza coupons.
- Wrote a draft email to send to How-To facilitators.
- Made the database for Regional Conference How-Tos.
- Confirmed How-To with Department of Education Representative Diane Racette.
Public Relations Promotions:
- Sent out Inverness Oran email.
- Created Facebook page and event for Strait Region.
- Promoted forms via social media.
- Gathered some costumes and will make a list of them. Still looking to collect more.
- Dance theme for L.I.F.T U.P. is decided.
- Beginning to plan EPIC for Regional Conference.
Head School Reps:
- Went to Richmond Academy and Ecole Beau Port do to a presentation. The substitute teacher that was supervising our presentation at Richmond seemed very interested and wanted to get involved with NSSSA.
- Contacted the Waycobah school but haven’t gotten a reply.
- Held a presentation for the grades 9-12 students at Guysborough Academy.
- All school reps should have presentations done at their schools.
- Will keep promoting L.I.F.T U.P. 2016.
- Made more fuzzies.
- Waiting on the itinerary to finish up the welcoming email.
- Sent out minutes to Regional Cabinet.
- Posted minutes from October 23, to the website.
- Sent keynote speaker contract to Tareq.
- St.F.X. has confirmed that there will be water bottles, string bags for the delegates/skillbuilders.
- Have received 17 responses for sponsorships, we will take as many as we possibly can.
- Zac, Sara and Sam held the presentation at St. Mary’s Academy, and it went very well.
- So far, 2 chaps and have 2 people who said they are sending in forms.
- Contacted people to be logistics and they will be sending in their forms in shortly.
This week is the last week of promotion for L.I.F.T. U.P. 2016. Everyone in your school should have had the opportunity to take a form from you or get information from you about our Regional Conference.
RC, try to get advisors from your school (teachers/staff) or parents who would be willing.
We will try to organize a Regional Cabinet dance for the talent show at L.I.F.T. U.P. If anyone wishes to take charge and organize this dance, let the rest of RC know. If you want tear away pants for the dance, look for them on buy and sell pages.
Discussion about which RC members will be skillbuilding at Regional Conference. It is very likely that both Public Relations will be sitting out in order to organize the How-Tos.
Position Tasks for the Week:
For each new positional task, refer to the timeline.