NSSSA Minutes From:
Strait Regional Cabinet Meeting
Location: 43 Hawthorne Street, Antigonish.
Time of Commencement: 7:50pm
Time of Adjournment: 8:45pm
Duration: 55 minutes.
Present Voting Members: Paddy Wallace, Zac Foran, Avery MacDonald, Kegan Palmer, Alex LeBlanc, Donald Jewkes, Emma MacDougall, Wilfred Bowie, Travis Grace, Maria MacDonald, Cameron Muise, George LeBlanc, Sara Murrin, Kara MacDougall, Logan Fox, Monica Lumsden.
Present Non-Voting Members: Peter Woo, Gordon Burns, Julia Lawrence.
Regrets: Dawn Thompson, Jonas Lawrence, Meagan Kettley, Tiffany MacLennan, Sam Silver, Mackenzie Casey.
- Received forms from CBHA and the East. We are waiting for the Dalbrae forms to come in since they should be coming in soon.
- Entered in all forms and information we have so far, but there is still more to be put in the database regarding cheques, advisors, etc. We will add this information when we are given it.
Skill Building Co-Chairs:
- Made the skillbuilding supplies list and sent it out to cabinet.
- Finalized grade nine manual and sent it out to RC.
- Made skillbuilding pairs for grade nine.
- Working on sessions 1&2 for regionals.
- In contact with the wheel and Boston Pizza.
- Visited Sobey’s, Eastlink, Bell Aliant, Shoppers, 5 to a dollar and Cameron’s Jewellery.
- Followed up with Central, Chrysler, Ford and Superstore, Antigonish Aesthetic Center.
- Received $50 from Walmart and purchased things for Advisors.
Public Relations Promotions:
- Spoke with Kyler bell and lined up an interview and article to be published to StFX.ca as well as local newspapers on Friday.
- Spoke with 101.5 the hawk and lined up a non-profit radio ad as well as an interview slot on the morning show later next week.
- Lined up photography equipment with SAERC for S.M.I.L.E.
- Contacted Meagan Kennedy and her husband as advisors for the East.
- Acquired two more advisors for Guysborough and CBHA.
- Deciding which tasks each skillbuilder will have for Epic at grade 9 event.
- Will be soon getting tokens for Epic.
- Told everyone their activities for epic at grade 9 event.
Head School Reps:
- Spoke with Mitchell, the head school rep coordinator, for a check in.
- Finalized packing list for grade 9 event.
- Made more fuzzies.
- Sent out minutes to RC.
- Spoke with representative at Ross Screenprint who sent photos of what the RC spiritwear would look like. She also said that the order should be ready for pickup on Wednesday, October 12th.
- Spoke with Tareq from Peace by Chocolate. He is going to speak at our regional conference. Will hopefully sign a contract soon.
- Janice Gough has sent the contract for grade 9, along with the fire safety regulation contract.
- Have about 80 delegates going to grade 9 event. Profit margin is around 58%.
- Will share itinerary with RC soon. Will also make positional itineraries- where and when each cabinet member should be for the whole day.
- Discussed itinerary for grade 9 event with RC.
- No update.
- No update.
An email will be sent out to RC with the full itinerary for grade 9 event attached.
Make sure at grade 9 event not to act as a clique. Socialize with grade 9s so they feel welcome and accepted, and the barrier between RC and delegates.
Position Tasks for the Week:
For each new positional task, refer to the timeline.