NSSSA Minutes From:
Strait Regional Cabinet Meeting
Location: 35 D-24 Rd, Antigonish County
Time of Commencement: 6:22pm
Time of Adjournment: 7:42pm
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
Present Voting Members: Maria MacDonald, Rebecca MacKeen, Madison Harpell, Margaret-Ann Gillis, Emma Jewkes, Monica Lumsden, Will Bowie, Kara MacDougall, Avery MacDonald, Sara Murrin, Aaron Martell, Avery LeLeivre, Jack Clapperton, Aidan Doucet, Angus Kennedy, Sam Silver, Logan Fox
Present Non-Voting Members: Dawn Thompson, Selena Landry, Alex LeBlanc
Regrets:, Sophie Lawrence, Peter Woo, Meagan Kettley
No Shows: Christina Nickerson, Tiffany MacLennan, Jonas Lawrence
- Had calls with SAERC and Tamarac Education Centre regarding bookings for Grade 9 Event.
- SAERC is booked on October 14th.
- Grade 9 Event will be held at Tamarac Education Centre on October 14th from 9:30am-3:35pm.
- Forms for Grade 9 Event will be on the website soon.
- RC should start going around school with forms this week to promote the event.
- Had a meeting with St.FX – talked about the mistakes in the contract.
- The contract has now been edited and fixed.
- The Skillbuilding retreats are booked at the St.FX Council Chambers.
- Attended PC meeting.
- Presidential Trio will be travelling to Oman to train high school students to form an organization similar to the NSSSA.
- Angus adapted the Delegate Assistant Request form for the Grade 9 Event and sent the forms for Grade 9 Event to Abe and the Presidential Trio to be prepared to be released.
- Emma continued working on the Grade 9 and Regional forms and have finished the final copies of the Grade 9 forms which are now ready to be sent out.
- Aaron finished the confirmation emails for PLEDGE and PEACE, as well as the packing list.
- Made 100 flags for the Welcoming Activity.
- Received 2 large garbage bags of yarn.
- 100 fuzzies made for Regionals – half way done.
- Margaret-Ann is getting more yarn Monday.
- Made finalized material list, RC members are asked to check for supplies.
- Skillbuilding Retreat Dates:
- Grade 9 Event Skillbuilding Retreat will be October 1st at the Council Chambers at St.FX. The room is booked from 1pm-8pm. Skillbuilding retreat may start at 1pm, when it is over there will be a supper break, and then RC will come back for a meeting until 8pm.
- Regional Conference Skillbuilding Retreat will be November 19th, at the same time and location as the Grade 9 Event Skillbuilding Retreat.
- Finished up the How-To Sessions for Grade 9 Event.
- Got in contact with the first business interested in donating.
- Working hard to continue to reach out to businesses.
- Organizing the Meet your RC contest.
- Edited and sent out the minutes to RC.
- Finalized order with Ross Screenprint.
- Waiting to hear back from Ross Screenprint about when the sweaters will be ready.
- Still need to receive payment for the sweaters from 2 RC alumni members.
Head School Reps:
- Had calls with all the School Reps besides one, which will take place Monday evening.
- The meetings all went well.
- Had a call with Jeremy.
- Came up with games for Epic and typed up explanations.
- Updated the Costume Database.
- Brainstorming for Epic skit.
- Continuing to study the Cheer Bible.
- Purchased funny clothes at Value Village.
- Edited a lot of documents and emails.
Head First Aid:
Head Mental Health First Aid:
- Sharing the workload
- When completing positional tasks, don’t do all of the work and don’t over step.
- Divide and share tasks equally amongst partners.
- Communicate in the group chats to make sure everyone is doing what they’re supposed to, and not doing too little or too much.
- It is important to stay on task, and not slack off.
- Grade 9 Forms
- Forms will be going out tonight.
- Print forms off tomorrow at school.
- RC must promote the conference in their school and social media.
- Forms are due September 29th.
- Discussion about Grade 9 Presentations
- Looking for attractive, promotional video to play at the presentations to get students interested and excited about conference.
- If Avery, Sara, and Dawn do not reply to an email, it’s because the email most likely got lost in the blur of emails they’re constantly receiving.
- Just send them a friendly reminder after 48 hours if you still haven’t received a reply.
- Discussion about PLEDGE logos
- Cabinet has decided to choose Will Bowie’s logo of stick people holding up the letters to PLEDGE.
- Possibly a yellow shirt with pink writing, but this is subject to change and will be voted on in the Facebook group.
- Dawn Appreciation Discussion
- Thank you Dawn for all the food, editing, and love.
- Your work and dedication is greatly appreciated by RC.
- Sara motions to adjourn the meeting.
- Emma seconded this motion.
The next meeting will be held at 6pm at Avery MacDonald’s house, on Sunday September 24th, 2017.