NSSSA Minutes From:                                                                                                                             Strait Regional Cabinet Meeting
20160904

 

Location: 1 Triton Brook Court, Antigonish                                                                                                                           

Time of Commencement: 6:07pm                                                                                                

Time of Adjournment: 8:07pm                                                                                                                                                                    Duration: 2 hours

 

Attendance:

Present Voting Members: Zac Foran, Paddy Wallace, Avery MacDonald, Logan Fox, George LeBlanc, Kara MacDougall, Alex LeBlanc, Sam Silver, Donald Jewkes, Kegan Palmer, Monica Lumsden, Sara Murrin, Wilfred Bowie, Travis Grace, Emma MacDougall, Maria MacDonald.

                                                                        

Present Non-Voting Members: Peter Woo, Dawn Thompson.

                                                                          

Regrets: Mackenzie Casey, Tiffany MacLennan, Meagan Kettley, Jonas Lawrence, Gordon Burns.

No-Shows: Cameron Muise.

 

Updates:

3-Tions:

  • Made forms for the delegates and advisors for the SMILE event, but these forms are not yet finalized because there may be things to edit.
  • Decided that Kara will sit out for the grade nine event to update the database.
  • Were sent the updated spreadsheet for RC.

 

Skill Building Co-Chairs:

  • Made lists of activities for each session of grade nine event,
  • Planning to come up with a rough draft of the activities, and complete a rough draft of the grade nine manual before the next cabinet meeting.

 

Public Relations:

  • Were unable to start contacting businesses, did not receive the corporate package or donation letter and are waiting for it to be sent.
  • Began to make a list of possible how-tos for grade 9 event, most of these are cabinet members.
  • Almost finished delegate manual. Need to put in an updated RC photo.

 

Public Relations Promotions:

  • Tidying up social media.
  • Planning on starting contests soon.
  • Finalized emails for 101.5 the hawk and 98.9 XFM-will send them out soon.

 

Regional Advisor

  • Spoke with Krista MacEachern, was happy with the leadership activity for her grade 7-8s being held in spring 2017. Also said she could be a grade 9 advisor or a leader of a how-to.

 

WENDY’s:

  • Edited talent show form, almost complete for regional conference.
  • Planned EPIC for the Grade 9 event. Have 14 different activities but there will only be 8 tokens-others used for

 

Head School Reps:

  • Finalized database of all the school reps.
  • All the school reps have been notified that the school rep meeting will be held on September 17th at 4pm in Port Hawksbury area.
  • Got confirmation from CBHA rep.
  • In contact with someone from Inverness.
  • Contacted all principals in the Strait Region about presenting at the schools to promote the grade 9 event. Keyword: beach day

 

Welcoming Co-Chairs:

  • Have 15 fuzzies made for regional conference.
  • Decided that for regional conference the welcoming activity will be similar to the puzzle activity at Discover 2015.

 

Secretary:

  • Sent out minutes to all members on cabinet.
  • Made a spreadsheet to collect sizes, names, and nicknames for the RC sweaters, t-shirts and bucket hats.

 

Co-Premiers:

  • Change in administration with SAERC, and our relationship with SAERC was with the principal not the school. Contacted Chuck Boudreau from Tamerec and are waiting for a response.
  • Went to see Zac Crouse speak, good speaker, and is inexpensive. CBV was able to book him for a cheap price.
  • Made itinerary for both grade 9 event and regional conference which is subject to change.
  • Created one timeline for each position, with each task to complete by a specified time. All of which is included on this spreadsheet. Members can edit it on their own when a task is completed.
  • Discussing setting up a mental health room-calm room for both grade 9 event and regional conference. This may also include a mental health sleeping area if there are any delegates who have problems with sleeping. Rooms/sleeping arrangements will remain the same as last year. Might also have a gender neutral room.

 

Head Chaperones:

  • Have 4 chaperones for regional conference including Tiffany and Peter. Need Chaperones for line of sight.

 

Head Logistics:

  • Received information from previous head logistics.

 

New Business:

 

  • Times for meetings will be voted on by cabinet, prior to the meeting.
  • Forms for grade 9 event will be released September 19th, and the deadline will be September 30th.
  • Forms for regionals will be released October 17th-a day or 2 after the grade 9 event.
  • The refund date for Regional Conference will be a week before the deadline.
  • Itinerary for regional conference may change for easier set up in skillbuilding rooms for the how-tos. Advisor forms will ask if there are any required sleeping arrangements.

Emails and signatures.

  • Every person with a job on a cabinet or committee must have the same signature. NSSSA logos will now be at the bottom of the signature. In depth instructions will be sent out in an email later.
  • No sending out emails to people outside the organization past 7pm. Best time to send them is in the morning.
  • Try to send emails to other members of RC before midnight.

Conference T-Shirts

  • A few logo designs were shared with the cabinet.
  • Aiming to get minimal colours. The cost goes up as the number of colours increases.

RC T-shirts

  • Looking at possibly having the RC t-shirts the same colour as the ability shirts (magenta).
  • Anyone can bring T-Shirt logo designs to the next meeting.

 

New Positional Tasks:

For each new positional task, refer to the timeline.
Next meeting will take place September 11th, in Port Hawksbury.